Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night time Toilet training

Options
  • 22-01-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi, I am just looking for a little advice about night-time toilet training:
    My eldest son is 39months old & has been trained during the day since last May - however I didn't start night-training until last weekend and so far things have been going really well.

I started on Saturday night & (touch wood!) we have had no accidents so far. I am doing the whole thing about lifting him up & bringing him to the toilet before I go to bed (around 11pm/12ish) - but my Question is: how long do I do this for??
    If I keep lifting hime will he get used to going to the toilet around this time & wet the bed if I don't do it? Or should I just take a chance & not lift him tonight?

Any advice appreciated - Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I'd say just leave him be and see what happens. My son was dry at night at a similar age.. in fact I never lifted him. He refused to go and refused to wear pullups. In over a year he's been wet maybe 3 times.
    On the other hand I still lift my 6 year old daughter. They're all different and you won't know til you try! Have plenty of protection on the bed and spare jammies and sheets ready for quick changes if need be. Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Thanks littlebug! I think I'll give it a go tomorrow night - I won't lift him & see what happens. At least then I have the whole weekend of washing & drying sheets to look forward to!:rolleyes:

I have these little square protective sheet type things. I think I got them in Boots. They're kind of rubbery on the back but padded and soft on the front and just sit on top of the bed (ie no tucking in). They save having to wash sheets and easy to just whip off and on in the middle of the night if needs be. That's if the aim is right:D

Cheers littlebug:) - I have a matress protector under his sheet - but that sounds like a good idea! Will check out Boots after work.

Well I decided to just bite the bullet & not lift him to go to the toilet since Saturday night - and (I hope I'm not jinxing myself!) he has not wet the bed!
    I don't know if he was up on Saturday night but last night I heard him get up at 11.30pm - went to the bathroom, did his wee & went straight back to bed! Still no accidents & things are going really well!

littlebug: I went to Boots & bought these things called Pampers Bed-mats - which are something like what you describe. I have the mattress protector, then a bed-mat & sheet then another bed-mat & sheet (so in the middle of the night I can just pull off the top sheet & hopefully the one underneath will be dry!). I don't know how good they are yet - and maybe, hopefully!, I will never have to find out!:)

• Advertisement

Good stuff Lordar. I have one of those bedmats under my sons sheet. He very very rarely wets the bed.
    On my daughters bed I have a washable reusable version as it would cost a small fortune if I was to use those!

Advertisement