Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Number

Options
  • 22-01-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Im wondering how this student number thing works. Im applying to UCD this year as a mature student. I dropped out of a course in DIT in second year years ago, was the student number I had there the same as the one I had for my leaving cert? And will the student number I have for UCD be the one I had in DIT/leaving cert or do I get a new one?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It is your Leaving Cert number. It is the number you will become known as in the future when names are banished by our robot overlords!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

And if you didn't do Leaving Cert in Ireland, it's assigned by CAO, so it will stay with you at any Irish 3rd-level institution.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

bnt wrote: »
    And if you didn't do Leaving Cert in Ireland, it's assigned by CAO, so it will stay with you at any Irish 3rd-level institution.

. . . and in the future it will be assigned by our robot overlords!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

BrightEyes wrote: »
    It is your Leaving Cert number. It is the number you will become known as in the future when names are banished by our robot overlords!

I don't think they use your LC exam number if you don't enter the year you did it

Jev/N wrote: »
    I don't think they use your LC exam number if you don't enter the year you did it

Dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

For what it's worth, my student number changed from 04****** to 08****** when I came to UCD for my postgrad. Doesn't quite stick with you no matter where you go.

Oh and changing student card every year = ftw. My friend started his PhD in a very good university in America this year, and his student card is valid until 2014ish.

Advertisement