Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Pre

• 22-01-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭

Any idea on a release date?

I currently have a SE W910i and it is annoying the cr@p out of me. I am trying to decide between the iphone and the palm pre.
    I think the iphone is too expensive for me at the moment.

Gar

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No announcement yet, they said it will be out first half of 2009 in the US (CDMA, not GSM), so it looks like second half 2009 in Europe, probably end of year or even next year before it hits Ireland :(

The Pre will likely be priced about the same as the iPhone, it is in the same category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

ok so who's going to buy me an iPhone...
    Any takers?

Anyone........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

gar wrote: »
    ok so who's going to buy me an iPhone...
    Any takers?

Anyone........?

What's annoying you about the w910?
    A bit more detail would probably get you more replies ;)
    According to Palm the Pre will be out in the rest of the world not long after the US release afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

cdma only at the moment - so not much use here

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

• Advertisement

MiCr0 wrote: »
    cdma only at the moment - so not much use here

Well... Read a bit more.
    Work on 3g version for europe started before CES!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

strecker wrote: »
    According to Palm the Pre will be out in the rest of the world not long after the US release afaik.

But we all know how long it takes for new phones to filter onto Irish networks (basically a dumping ground for old unsold UK handsets).

I think realistically it will be end of this year at the earliest, before it hits Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

strecker wrote: »
    What's annoying you about the w910?
    A bit more detail would probably get you more replies ;)

See this link:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055453398&highlight=w910i

I have upgraded the firmware already but it keeps resetting ramdomly on.
    Just not arsed with it anymore

bk wrote: »
    But we all know how long it takes for new phones to filter onto Irish networks (basically a dumping ground for old unsold UK handsets).

I think realistically it will be end of this year at the earliest, before it hits Ireland.

Yeah...often!
    But bb storm, n95, palm pro to name just 3 - they were here quite quickly...

Advertisement