Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora Battery psp

Options
  • 22-01-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Was just wondering could someone help.
    I saw one of these with an 8gb card for about 40 euro
    1. is this worth it
    2. is it hard too set up
    3. Is there a chance it will break my psp
    4. Once the pandora battery is in the psp do i leave it in or does it need the old battery back in it

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the pandora battery is only used to install new firmware, you'll use your old battery again, but mind the pandora in a safe place incase you brick your psp, not sure bout 8 gig, i thought 4 was the limit ? i dunno, yes there is always a chance you'll brick psp, you should read about it first before you try, excellent first timers guide here, second post, its not hard to do,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055404947

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

thanks thats great . thats the offer the web site had 8gb + battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Daryn

I managed to get in touch with the site directly, i think its the same site.
    Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM, <unbrickp@unbrickpsps.com> wrote:

Quoting Daryn Mac:

hello,
    My question is that you sell a 8 gig card with the Pandora battery.
    but it clearly says in the instructions that it will only work on a card up
    to 2 gig
    is it just that the instructions are out dated or is it possible to get the
    8gig card working after the firmware is flashed
    thanks in advance
    Darren

Hello
    Thankyou for bringing that to my attention, it will work with an 8gb, my writer made an error.
    Thanks
    Alesha
    www.________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

8gb should work, some people have got 32gb cards to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

make your own Pandora kit with original battery and something like a 256 mem card :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 radarjump

Anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin to actually buy a pandora battery. Just got one delivered from a Webshop but it's dead:mad:, and I had promised my son that we would set it up over the bank holiday weekend. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

radarjump wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin to actually buy a pandora battery. Just got one delivered from a Webshop but it's dead:mad:, and I had promised my son that we would set it up over the bank holiday weekend. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I never saw a pandora battery.
    But
    is it a normal battery converted?
    If so
    when you say it is dead.
    exactly what do you mean?
    have you tried charging it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

how you charge a pandora battery is turn on the psp without a battery of the wall charger like and wen it starts up put in the pandora battery and then you will see the battery bar flashing you should charge it at least to 65% if that does,nt work pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I have 1 you can borrow

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Hope somebody can help me
    Got my pandora battery today from Deal extreme - charged it up.
    Created the magic memory stick as per ongarites instructions - the card created successfully - it was however an 8gb card as i don't have anything else
    The next thing i did was put in the pandora battery and the green power light the green wifi light and the orange memory stick light all came on but nothing else happened.
    Has anybody seen this problem before or am I doing something stupid here other than using an 8gb card.

Thanks,
    Tweaky

• Advertisement

Tweaky wrote: »
    Hope somebody can help me
    Got my pandora battery today from Deal extreme - charged it up.
    Created the magic memory stick as per ongarites instructions - the card created successfully - it was however an 8gb card as i don't have anything else
    The next thing i did was put in the pandora battery and the green power light the green wifi light and the orange memory stick light all came on but nothing else happened.
    Has anybody seen this problem before or am I doing something stupid here other than using an 8gb card.

Thanks,
    Tweaky

8gb card wont work
    can you "borrow" a 256 or a 128 out of someones phone or camera?

vectra wrote: »
    8gb card wont work
    can you "borrow" a 256 or a 128 out of someones phone or camera?

I have a 512 ordered and should have it monday - thanks for the quick response. I'll just have to be a little patient

Tweaky wrote: »
    I have a 512 ordered and should have it monday - thanks for the quick response. I'll just have to be a little patient

What part of Cork are you in ?

Carrigtwohill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I have 8gb working in psp3003. must be new firmware or new hardware that works with bigger card

I have 8gb working in psp3003. must be new firmware or new hardware that works with bigger card

8GB card will work
    It just wont work as a magic memory stick
    you need a small one for that.
    Then use the 8 gig for "Normal" use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

You can just softmod a psp now and not worry about buying new battery/bricking it.

ChickHEN I think is the name of it.

Yeah ChickHEN and then run CFWenabler
    Softmod bios. Resets when power off/battery out

Needs firmware 5.03

vectra wrote: »
    8GB card will work
    It just wont work as a magic memory stick
    you need a small one for that.
    Then use the 8 gig for "Normal" use :D

Ah right, well my psp being new model can't use pandora

has there been any progress on full firmware crack for 3000 series yet

:confused:Here's my latest update on using a pandora battery and magic memory stick.
    Received my memory card today 512mb Sandisk with magic gate. Made the magic memory stick with the catb50 program. All went well.
    Put in the pandora battery as per the instructions and once again same problem 3 lights - wifi, power and memory stick and nothing else. tried it a couple of times. Battery was fully charged so I can only assume I got a bad battery from DX.
    Anybody any ideas or better still anyone have a pandora battery I could borrow in Cork - Midleton area etc.

Thanks,
    Tweaky

Edit - Battery was fine - it works out that the catb50 program didn't work for my firmware 4.05 - pspgrader saved the day - very easy to use !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ontheway

Where is the best place to get your hands on a Pandora battery and firmware pre-loaded memory card. I'd prefer to shop inside the EU.

I have a Fat 1003 PSP with 5.01 OFW. I like the idea of being able to use the Pandora battery on any 100x or 200x PSPs, even if they've previously been bricked.

I really like the idea of being able to load my games from a memory card as opposed to driving a motor to spin UMDs. Also where is the cheapest place to get a large (8GB+ Pro Duo card).

I'm a little concerned over the reputation of some web shops selling these kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

great card never had 1 problem with it http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15683

same with this no probs at all http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

Advertisement