Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock Band 2 - Instruments

• 22-01-2009 12:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to get their hands on the RB2 Instrument kit?

Supposedly it was released in December a month after the game itself but I can't find anywhere that stocks the new instruments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

No sign of them yet for me either!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The Guitar Hero crowd must be laughing all the way to the bank. I've wanted rock band 2 for a while but it looks like I'll buy the game on it's own and the GHWT instruments instead. Can't be arsed waiting.

I heard the GH:WT guitar is better anyway.

It's true what you say, It's a shambles the way they release Rock Band stuff in Europe, not only do we have to wait ages, we pay way more than the Yankeedoodles when we finally do see it! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I heard the GH:WT guitar is better anyway.

I'm a huge Rock Band fanboy, but I tried the GH:WT guitar at a friends house and it is excellent, very sturdy, well made, and plays very nicely too! Not positive it works with Rock Band though, that's worth checking out. I know the RB stuff works with GH though! Still, thumbs up for it! Pity I can't say the same about the game!

Went and bought GHWT band. 130 sterling up in Newry. Didn't realise it comes with the game bundled unlike RB2. Happy as a pig in Shite - I can just buy RB2 now and play away with the GH instruments I think.

• Advertisement

Not positive it works with Rock Band though

Yeah, it definitely does work both ways!

I really don't like the track listing on GH:WT. Willie Nelson? give me a break! :mad:
    Went and bought GHWT band. 130 sterling up in Newry. Didn't realise it comes with the game bundled unlike RB2. Happy as a pig in Shite - I can just buy RB2 now and play away with the GH instruments I think.

Nice, thats a good price! what are the drums like?

Nice, thats a good price! what are the drums like?

Yea they are decent - I just noticed this morning however a chunk out of a plastic sleeve that the downward bar slots into on the base if you know what I mean. Nothing major but a bit disappointing. The chunk was in the box so looks like it was done during packaging.

A bit of electrical tape later though and she'll hold strong. I taped up all the joints while I was at it for increased longevity.

To use, the Drums feel solid. You have to hit them fairly hardish which makes a lot of noise - a little off putting at first. I'm already considering the silencer thing. They are heavy though and feel solid enough - especially the foot pedal, that feels well solid.

Picked up Rock Band 2 out of Xavvi for 40 euro. Played it for a few hours last night. Instruments work fine apart from the slider bar on the Guitar - Rock Band doesn't pick up the slider bar so you have to play the solos as normal - strumming each note with the fret button pressed - a little disappointing but it works.

Advertisement