Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pruning Field Maple, Cherry blossom and Japanese Rose

Options
  • 22-01-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've taken some photos of the above which may need pruning.

P1040598.jpg

P1040599.jpg

P1040601.jpg

1) Does the Japanese rose need pruning - it seems to be sprouting up all over. if so, what is the best way to prune it?

2) The field maple has go alot of low branches and again seems to be taking over - what is the best way to prune this?

3) The cherry blossom is tall rather than 'bushy' - should I lop the the top of it and is now the time to do it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i could be wrong, but i thought it was bad to prune cherry blossom, and if you do i think it has to be sept timeframe..there is some disease they can get if pruned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks for the advice. I delegated the field maple pruning job to 'someone' and they went and lopped off all of the branches by 'mistake'.

Will the tree recover and how long will it take?

P1040604.jpg

Advertisement