Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internazionale happy with Mourinho

• 22-01-2009 12:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview
    Inter Milan may have endured a difficult start to 2009 but the three-time defending champions still top Serie A and club president Massimo Moratti has given a thumbs-up to the job done by coach Jose Mourinho.

A 1-1 draw against Cagliari and last weekend's 3-1 defeat at Atalanta cut Inter's lead over Scudetto contenders Juventus to three points at the halfway point of the campaign.

But with the Nerazzurri unbeaten at the San Siro and having only suffered two defeats in 19 games, Moratti has called Mourinho's spell in charge "extremely positive".

Moratti told the club's official website: "The first six months leading the Serie A standings is a very difficult thing for any coach.

"Therefore, it is absolutely positive. Three points more or less doesn't really mean much at this stage of the campaign."

Mourinho is equally satisfied. The Nerazzurri are through to the Champions League last 16, where they will take on Manchester United, and also still alive in the Coppa Italia.

"I am very proud," Mourinho said. "Not many coaches can say the same thing."

Inter will be without their top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic through suspension on Sunday when they host strugglers Sampdoria.

Juventus were held to a 1-1 draw at Lazio last weekend and face another big test when they take on Fiorentina in Turin.

AC Milan have been boosted by the confirmation that Kaka will remain at the club instead of joining Manchester City in a world-record transfer.

The Rossoneri are six points behind Inter and three adrift of Juve as they make the journey to Bologna.

"Now that we have Kaka, we plan to go all out for the Scudetto," said AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani.

Surprise package Genoa will fancy their chances when they host Catania. Gian Piero Gasperini's side are fourth in the table and remain unbeaten at home.

In-form Roma expect to have Francesco Totti available for the encounter at Napoli, with the captain having recovered from a muscular injury which has sidelined him since December.

Meanwhile, a defeat for Udinese at Palermo could bring to an end Pasquale Marino's coaching reign.

Despite the Udinese boss having been given numerous votes of confidence by the club hierarchy, the Bianconeri have collected just three points from their last 10 league games.

Atalanta will be looking to pick up where they left off in last weekend's 3-1 win over Inter when they travel to Tuscany to meet Siena.

Delio Rossi's Lazio will go after their third win in four games when they meet Cagliari in the Italian capital.

The Oreste Granillo stadium host a relegation scrap as bottom side Reggina and Chievo locks horns. Chievo are level on 13 points with Reggina after 19 games.

Finally, Lecce will be under pressure to beat Torino, knowing that a defeat will drop them into the bottom three. Lecce, who hold the last safety position, are two points clear of Toro heading into Sunday's game at the Via del Mare stadium.
    Saturday, January 24, 2009
    Time Home Away VENUE
    17:00 UK Reggina v Chievo Verona Stadio Oreste Granillo
    19:30 UK Juventus v Fiorentina Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    Sunday, January 25, 2009
    Time Home Away VENUE
    14:00 UK Siena v Atalanta Artemio Franchi Montepaschi Arena
    14:00 UK Lazio v Cagliari Olimpico
    14:00 UK Genoa v Catania Comunale Luigi Ferraris
    14:00 UK Bologna v AC Milan Renato Dall'Ara
    14:00 UK Napoli v AS Roma San Paolo
    14:00 UK Lecce v Torino Stadio Via del Mare
    14:00 UK Palermo v Udinese Renzo Barbera
    19:30 UK Internazionale v Sampdoria Giuseppe Meazza

Hopefully Inter can kick start 2009 with a good win this weekend. I've mixed fillings about Mourinho. SOme time the team is great. Some times the team is poor some times its great but I reckon he is getting the results and at the end of the day thats all the matters.

I think Juve will drop points this weekend.

Milan wont be focused and may struggle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully the special one returns to the PL soon. Best Manager over the last couple of years imo, and great at stirring the pot and getting it going. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hopefully the special one returns to the PL soon. Best Manager over the last couple of years imo, and great at stirring the pot and getting it going. Legend.

i will put money on seeing jose sitting in the dug out at old trafford at some point n the not too distant future! any takers?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

i will put money on seeing jose sitting in the dug out at old trafford at some point n the not too distant future! any takers?

:p
    Oh please, anywhere but there. Man City could be a real possibility. I just have this feeling about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Juve have an injury crises. But hopefully inter will be 3-0 down before half time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oh please, anywhere but there. Man City could be a real possibility. I just have this feeling about that.
    Think he was referring mainly to the upcoming Champions League tie...

As for City, not sure Mourinho would be all that interested if meddling from the top was the reason for leaving Chelsea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Very good manager no doubt but have to say more entertaining off the pitch than on it. If you want to win at any price he's your man but ultimately as a Chelsea supporter I wanted something more on the pitch.
    Might regret saying that in the not too distant future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1707/inter/2009/01/22/1072597/jose-mourinho-tells-inter-players-you-are-all-a-pile-of-st
    22/01/2009 12:37

Jose Mourinho Tells Inter Players: You Are All A Pile Of S**t!

The coach lost his temper on Sunday and some nasty words began to fly out of his mouth...

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has slammed his players, describing them as a pile of faeces as he begins to show his frustration with their poor showings.

La Repubblica claims they heard Mourinho blast his players inside the changing rooms following the 3-1 thrashing away to Atalanta on Sunday. The Italian paper has released a transcript of of what the former Chelsea coach told his players.

"You won a Scudetto in the court, the second because there was no competition and the third was won at the last minute. You are all a pile of s**t," Mourinho is quoted as saying by La Repubblica.

The paper also claims the 'Special One' was ranting and raving for quite some time afterwards as his temperature reached boiling point. Also, it is believed Massimo Moratti was furious with Mourinho on Monday.

Meanwhile, Sky Sport Italia also claim Mourinho threw his notebook in the bin in anger, such was his disappointment with the result.

It was Inter's second loss of the season after the 1-0 defeat to Milan earlier.

The Nerazzurri have been through a turbulent week, but they made up for it with the Coppa Italia win over Roma on Wednesday, albeit in suspicious circumstances as there was controversy over Zlatan Ibrahimovic's winner.

Hear hear brother, I am with you on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kearnsr wrote: »

I think Juve will drop points this weekend.

I suspect you're right.

I also think Inter will struggle without Ibrahimovic - where will the goals come from? And they needn't expect the sort of help they got vs Roma in the Coppa, as the spotlight will be on the ref again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Inter aren't a team of winners so they will always struggle

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Trippie wrote: »
    Inter aren't a team of winners so they will always struggle

Why do you think this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Some absolute gems in here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The one where he's talking about Big Sam is great!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Juve win 1-0

Fiorentina will be justifyably agrieved - they had what looked to me a good goal ruled out for offside. I didn't see their penalty claim so cannot comment on it, but they're calling ref error on that too.

Seems the more things change the more they stay the same.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

17': Bologna 1 - 2 Milan

17 mins gone. Di Vaio scored a penalty, his 15th goal of the season. Seedorf tapped home a rebound to equalise. Kaka scored a penalty. End-to-end stuff.

Bologna 1 - 3 Milan
    Mudingayi sent off. Kaka scores a screamer. :(
    Almost half-time.

Beckham scores his first goal for Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Beckham's some legend.

Mourinho is sent off for protesting

• Advertisement

Adriano scores. Nice to see him back at it

What did you think of the Samp penalty claim?

I'm only reading the game cast on inter.it. Net is real slow tonight

Ah ****e. It's a poor enough game though. Poor Samp are fecked with injuries.

Looks like Julio Cesar is badly injured.......

although it's hard to see how

all better now. ffs, actors :)

Mourinho will kill the game. might as well switch off now

Samp have had a third penalty shout denied. I think they'd have had two if they were Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Quint wrote: »

Bit hard do that from the directors box...

96th minute - Julio Cesar makes a 2 pointer! :eek:

How will he kill the game?

How will he kill the game?

Easy, tell his team to go all out defend, waste time with pretending to be injured, pass it around the back etc. His teams are good at it

Easy, tell his team to go all out defend, waste time with pretending to be injured, pass it around the back etc. His teams are good at it

Some people call that tactics.

I've seen inter under Mourinho win 4-2. Nothing exactly boring and I dont see how he is killing the game.

They've scored 19 goals and let in 9. Thats 4 more than any team in the top 4 (lazio have got 17). How is that killing off the game?

Get your facts straight before you start waffelling on

Agreed. They did sit back a bit - almost cost them too!

• Advertisement

Some people call that tactics.

I've seen inter under Mourinho win 4-2. Nothing exactly boring and I dont see how he is killing the game.

They've scored 19 goals and let in 9. Thats 4 more than any team in the top 4 (lazio have got 17). How is that killing off the game?

Get your facts straight before you start waffelling on
    Don't remember saying it wasn't "tatics". Doesn't mean anything.
    And don't remember takling about past games. I was talking about tonight.
    And most match reports I read, inter sat back on their lead and tried to waste time.
    Basically exactly what I said they would do, they did.

Advertisement