Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin girls dog found in England

• 22-01-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

A happy ending story .

I Happened to pick up the 'Pick me up ' magazine yesterday ( apt title) and reading about the Dublin girl who's 3 year old dog ' Holly ' went missing for 8 months before found and brought to Battersea dogs home , 284 miles away .So there is always hope out there for any missing dogs .

Just thought on , perhaps the gal in question is a bordsie ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

If it is the same the story I heard how Battersea contacted the Dubliner was using its chip. So get chipping even the cross breeds they are part of your family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Why would anyone not chip a cross breed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

golden wrote: »
    If it is the same the story I heard how Battersea contacted the Dubliner was using its chip. So get chipping even the cross breeds they are part of your family
    Yes ,the dog was microchipped and so is my border collie Toby so if he goes AWOL and end's up on the streets of Dublin ,he has a little yellow plastic chip on his collar .Just give him a feed until collected ,thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

golden wrote: »

Oh really thought only pure breeds counted.
    What a stupid thing to say :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

SuzyS1972 wrote: »
    Oh really thought only pure breeds counted.
    What a stupid thing to say :eek:
    For your information the IKC requirements for papers for "pedigree" puppies is that they have a microchip. For any other dog it is not a requirement.

I take offence at what you have said and insist on a public apology for calling me stupid.

Please take time to read the charter as you have not done so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

latchyco wrote: »
    A happy ending story .

I Happened to pick up the 'Pick me up ' magazine yesterday ( apt title) and reading about the Dublin girl who's 3 year old dog ' Holly ' went missing for 8 months before found and brought to Battersea dogs home , 284 miles away .So there is always hope out there for any missing dogs .

Just thought on , perhaps the gal in question is a bordsie ?
    lots of pedigree dogs are stolen in the uk at the moment most by tinkers and shipped to ireland and sold on,so it just maybe that the same people are taking them the other way as pets -the vets in the uk always check for a chip to make sure the pet is not on the stolen list ,so if the dog gets lost they may leave it rather than getting found out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Infraction issued to SuzyS1972 for insulting another poster.

Infraction issued to golden for backseat modding.

There is a new charter folks, read it. There will be changes around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I didnt call you stupid - I said it's a stupid thing to say

Advertisement