Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Future Upgrades

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You don't need to get tv witho them to get broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

When did this happen?

It was always in their terms and conditions for the broadband. Basically if you have a cable coming into you house it is carrying the analogue tv signal so they made you pay for it as you could just use a splitter to connect to a tv.

if I can drop that extra 26 quid on my bi monthly bill that would be great. Because I don't use the bloody thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Phew! Thanks!

Uninformed mis-information FTL...

consultech wrote: »
    Phew! Thanks!

Uninformed mis-information FTL...

It was always on their website in the terms and conditions for Broadband and my bill confirms this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

The talking cushion is correct.
    For new customers
    Broadband Ultra 20Mb with FREE wireless router and Digital Value TV for just €62 a month and FREE connection. Order online and we'll give you a €20 credit on your first bill.
    Add our Digital Sports or Movies packs and we'll give you Digital+ for FREE and Multi-room Viewing for €2 a month.

Broadband Ultra 20Mb with FREE wireless router for just €48 a month and FREE connection. Order online and we'll give you a €10 credit on your first bill.

For existing TV customers
    Add Broadband Ultra 20Mb with FREE wireless router to your existing TV connection for only €42 extra a month. What's more, we'll connect you for FREE. Order online and we'll give you a €10 credit on your first bill. This offer is too good to miss!
    http://www.upc.ie/internet/max/

edit:
    Woah, lot of replies got in there.

• Advertisement

Just looking there. It seems they've changed the terms. If you don't connect to a tv you have to pay a €6 charge. Which would explain the bump from 42 to 48. Wonder if I could get my self on this system.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anyone know when these future upgrades will be taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I was told my area of Palmerstown will be getting broadband by the end of the summer. - UPC

Never said what kind of broadband though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I was told my area of Palmerstown will be getting broadband by the end of the summer. - UPC

Never said what kind of broadband though!

Did they happen to mention which summer that might be?

Advertisement