Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt Home Broadband + Vpn connection issue

Options
  • 22-01-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    I have a user who cannot connect to VPN using her home BT broadband account.

i have tried connecting with a vodafone card, and it workd fine, ie we are able to use the vpn connection sucessfully. but it wont work under BT's broaband.,

has any one come accross this before?
    i have logged a call with Bt in the meantime, but if any one has any info or advice on this, id like to hear it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

hi
    I have a user who cannot connect to VPN using her home BT broadband account.

i have tried connecting with a vodafone card, and it workd fine, ie we are able to use the vpn connection sucessfully. but it wont work under BT's broaband.,

has any one come accross this before?
    i have logged a call with Bt in the meantime, but if any one has any info or advice on this, id like to hear it.
    Cheers.

Right, can you elaborate a little?

What exactly is the problem... where does the issue occur?
    Is the user using a firewall? How fast is the connection?

Can the user ping the office from home?

Also - how are they connecting?
    Is it a Cisco VPN Client?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If i have to hazard a guess, i would say that its possible there is double natting going on. Do you have a firewall on your BT router? Are you using the BT router for your broadband access or are you using an additional wireless access point?
    I doubt it has to do with the broadband itself.

What vpn client is it? I know its not box to box as that would not work on vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

Hi guys
    Just to give you more info.

The problem occurs when they try to connect using Cisco VPN Connection software to our network. she is working from home.
    the Vpn give the 412 error.
    There is no firewall installed on her laptop. Not sure if there is one on her BT router. Speed seems to be 36mbps.

as mentioned it works fine when i tried it with a vodafone card.
    will have to speak to her on monday, but i have a feeling that she hasnt the broadband connection set up corretly at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 WexKil

I have BT broadband with a Voyager 2110 modem with standard out-of the-box config (well passwords changed from default).

VPN to office works fine - but we dont use CISCO VPN.

Hi guys
    it was the users fault all along...she was one of these users who had no patience! she wasnt even connected to the wireless properly when she was trying to connect her Vpn. so its all working fine...no to work on her patience...:eek:

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

it was the users fault all along..

Says it all really :D

I remember a story when i worked at Gateway about someone complaining about their computer not working. They were asked to check the power cable had not come unplugged. User said they can not do that, when asked why they said "because i can not see".

Further questions revealed that the power was out.

Takes a special kind of person.....

Theres one or two in every company..... :)
    (we have a list.....!)

thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement