Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expecting

• 22-01-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

I will be traveling up north next weekend to get my new baby and i have to say, the wait is killing me. Canon 40d, nifty fifty, flashgun...the whole show. Finally i will have a dSLR and all the happy joys and discoveries that will come with it.

Cannot wait to be able to get some really decent quality moon shots, looking forward to a lot more portrait work, live gigs....everything! And bokeh!!!

The damn bokeh and "nifty fifty" threads nearly killed me and i can't wait to get to grips with my new kit!

No idea why i am posting this thread, other than to share my excitement.:pac: Honestly, Christmas ( even as a kid ) has nothing on this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Sooo pleased for you :-))))))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

It's a great feeling knowing you are going to be buying them. Have fun with the new camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Good stuff, you'll be doing yourself such a favour with the 40D over the 450, considering your experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Good stuff, you'll be doing yourself such a favour with the 40D over the 450, considering your experience.
    What, you mean my 11 months interest in photogaphy? So much left to learn? To be honest, that is why you sold me on the 40d, just more room to learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Unless you've got access to a space shuttle, I don't think you'll get anything too spectacular of the moon with a 50mm f/1.8...

Congrats tho :) Should be interesting to see what you can do now ;)

• Advertisement

Unless you've got access to a space shuttle, I don't think you'll get anything too spectacular of the moon with a 50mm f/1.8...

Congrats tho :) Should be interesting to see what you can do now ;)

Oh that is just one of the things i am picking up. Should also be getting a nice 70-300mm as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Are you going to Calumet or Jessops?
    Any chance of picking me up a Canon 85mm 1.8?
    Can give you the readies before hand...

Will be going to Jessops, hopefully next Friday.

That's not a problem at all dude.:)

It should be noted, looking after someone else hard earned glass will give me even more to worry about on the way home! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

really looking forward to what you can produce with an SLR, Dragan. Given what you have already done with a bridge, it promises to be something special. Best of luck with the new toys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Congratulations on buying the 40D.I bought one last October in B&H in New York.It is some step up from the 400D I had.You will love it...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

LOL... Glutton for punishment. ;)

Congrats on the new purchase Dragon. Looking forward to seeing the new pics. :)

Dave OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm so glad that this thread wasn't what i thought it would have been i saw expecting C&C :eek:.

have fun dragan, can't wait to see what you do with the new gear \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 .boards.ie

Can I ask why so? Looking at them both the specs don't seem that different? What has the 40D over the 450D that is much better? I am wondering as I bought the 450D and the 40D just seemed to have a faster fps.

It would be nice to know what the differnce is. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Congrats on the new purchase Dragan. You dont want to buy me one too do you? I can pay you back after the recession :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

You're expecting, and so are we!

Congratulations on your impending purchase.:)

.boards.ie wrote: »
    Can I ask why so? Looking at them both the specs don't seem that different? What has the 40D over the 450D that is much better? I am wondering as I bought the 450D and the 40D just seemed to have a faster fps.

It's generally a more advanced camera, spot metering, better noise handling, better build quality... Not saying there's anything wrong with the 450D at all, but Dragan has experience with cameras, knows what is what, and has outrun the features of his bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 .boards.ie

It's generally a more advanced camera, spot metering, better noise handling, better build quality... Not saying there's anything wrong with the 450D at all, but Dragan has experience with cameras, knows what is what, and has outrun the features of his bridge.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

woopedy woop woop!

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I thought from your stuff you were already on a dslr ffs... ;)

You might be spared the hassle of getting my stuff after all. :p
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=90696&cat=51
    Meeting the guy in 10 mins......we have no name tags!!
    I'll have my camera bag...wonder if he'll have his knife. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

What camera are you currently using to take some of your shots? If it's a point and shoot I've got a lot more to learn before making the leap to dslr!

• Advertisement

I lived to tell the tale!
    Hood and filter thrown in!
    85mm will now be my walk around lens....

What camera are you currently using to take some of your shots? If it's a point and shoot I've got a lot more to learn before making the leap to dslr!

Anything that is on my Flickr or Deviant Art taken before the first week of June last year was with a Fuji P+S, everything since is with a Fuji bridge!

Thanks very much for the kind words folks! Hopefully i will be capable of producing work the justifies the purchase!

AR - thats great man, and a weight off to be honest. I get nervous around other people's glass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The 450D has spot metering (I feel very odd contradicting you here Fajitas!):)

Does it?

Wow! Didn't know that, Canon's entry level cameras usually never had spot metering - I've not been following tech sheets too much :o (Lol, feel free to contradict me though :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It was one of the reasons I went for the 450 over the 1000... though the more I've learnt the more I can't see why people would go for the 1000 rather than waiting the extra pay packet to get the 450...

Advertisement