Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marino College courses

Options
  • 22-01-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of doing the Photojournalism course in marino this year but would love to know what the course is like, hours etc from anyone who's been to the college or did the course? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fifomania wrote: »
    Am thinking of doing the Photojournalism course in marino this year but would love to know what the course is like, hours etc from anyone who's been to the college or did the course? Thanks :)

You could contact the person who posted the reply to this.

She's still an active user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hola...

Yeah I did the photojournalism course in Marino back in 2006. To be honest there wasn't that many hours...

Monday: 9-12
    Tuesday: 9-12
    Wednesday: 9-3
    Thursday: Work Experience
    Friday: 9-3

We got to go to Edinburgh in December to take pictures and we had to do a project (publishing a school magazine).

It was a brilliant course... and there wasn't that many in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Wow those hours are great, especially if I end up commuting!
    adrieanne_x, do you pick your own work experience? Did you go in to employment after the course or continue studying? Do you need to buy much of your own equipment etc? Sorry for the q's but i wana know as much as i can before i go to their open day or apply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We had to pick our own work experience, but if you needed help the college would help you out. I went into employment after the course, but not in that field... things worked out a bit differently for me (babies and stuff...), but there are loads of things you can do... the college has links to the university of Wolverhampton and they even came over half way through the year to give us information on applying for the course over there.

You need to buy your own camera, I bought a Fuji Finepix S7000... not the best camera in the world, but it was great for a beginner like me. Some of the people in the class had the Nikon D40 and others had Canons.

Best thing to do is go to the open day, everyone is very friendly and students from the course will be there to tell you how they are finding it!

Advertisement