Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish for Primary Ed. Any ideas???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

i hope i didnt annoy/upset you but what these people are saying it would be very very very difficult to do it..but if you decide to start best of luck to you and i hope you do get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I taught a Polish girl enough to get her a C2 in 22 months. She was working fulltime aswell. Moved to the Gaeltacht, took 2 grinds a week and did loads of extra work. Teaching now. It takes the guts of two years for someone very good at language, just my opinion but it is possible if you are really determined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

you know you could do the degree in a different country (ir pgde or pgce i forget which one in england) then come back and sit a set of exams called teh scg, you can sub and take up temporary posts, depends if you really want to live and teach in ireland or wouldnt mind staying in england or other countries? then with 5 years there is the summertime off to spend in the gaeltacht and start learning, for any more advice try www.educationposts.ie

i am in the middle of repeating my irish (got a c2 in ordinary) and before i started i had the same attitude, its only primary school level, why cant they change the rules?! but after studying i think its more important than ever to be quite good at it! otherwise you teach it wrong or make mistakes and the kids suffer. i know im not great now but im sure that if i keep building i will be better. my cousin is going to a gaelscoil and is going to be fluent because its spoken correctly and consistently by people who love and know the language. you cant just brush it aside.

Advertisement