Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation repairs in waterford city?

• 22-01-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know of a place in waterford where I can get a ps2 console repaired? Or anywhere close by like Kilkenny? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Overblood wrote: »
    Hi

Does anybody know of a place in waterford where I can get a ps2 console repaired? Or anywhere close by like Kilkenny? Thanks
    try gamestop. I know they used to before but not sure now. also if it is just the lens that needs replacing, try ebay and you can get a tutorial on youtube.

think gamestop charge like e100 while lens is less then €10 delivered.

You might also pick up a cheap 2nd hand 1 from somewhere like zavvi in kk or gamestop or maybe maybe xtra vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd second the idea of buying a second hand one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

if its not reading the discs you should try opening it as i dont tink you will get it fixed for a reasonable price in town in any of the leccy shops,its only a few screws and its not that hard to do(long handel small head philips screwdriver and 1 of the small screwdrivers philip head you use for repairing glasses phones ect) and and clean the lazer with tissue or cotton bud and a bit of thinners,vodka or any other cleaning solution you mite have there handy,it dont take long to do and ya mite get another 3 or 4 months out of it,it give ya plenty of time to save up 4 a new 1:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I have a fat ps2, the CD tray is jammed about 1/4 of the way out and it's not budging.

On my slim one, it turns on but the screen stays black and nothing happens. Could that be a dirty laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Overblood wrote: »
    I have a fat ps2, the CD tray is jammed about 1/4 of the way out and it's not budging.

On my slim one, it turns on but the screen stays black and nothing happens. Could that be a dirty laser?
    i say the big ps2 the tray came off the runner inside it,it work if u got it back on it again ,no that wouldnt b a dirty lazer with the slim line 1,try a different av cable with the slim line 1 if u can,if its coming on you should see the ps2 logos on the tele

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

check out the playstation forum,cant say for sure there will be any one on there but you could be lucky.I have an x box myself and frequent the x box forum.There are always people on that that are always unbelievably knowledgable about this kind of stuff and might even know a way for you to get it fixed for free or a place around thatwill do it cheaper than sony or gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Cheers for the info.

Advertisement