Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought

Options
  • 22-01-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

It might be an idea to not show the "currently active users" at the bottom of the personal issues forum?

I know you can't see what threads people are reading (at least I don't think you can) but, some people might be put off just by the mere fact their names are available at the bottom of the page. (if they have a personal problem they want to read about)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Isn't that stretching it?
    I mean, 99.99% of people are in PI to read or post advice.
    It would take some master mind to work out which one of those people are actually an OP.
    Also, unregged people do not come up on the list.

Personally, I find it useful to have the list there. If I see one of my fellow mods is in PI I'll go off to do other things as I know everything is in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You cant actually view what thread these people are viewing. They might very well be there to help posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Personal issues is boards top google forum:confused:

If you don't like it, then go invisible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

ghost.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont think ive ever been able (or tried to) discern who an anonymous poster might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Isn't that stretching it?
    I mean, 99.99% of people are in PI to read or post advice.
    It would take some master mind to work out which one of those people are actually an OP.
    Also, unregged people do not come up on the list.

Personally, I find it useful to have the list there. If I see one of my fellow mods is in PI I'll go off to do other things as I know everything is in hand.

Kiera wrote: »
    You cant actually view what thread these people are viewing. They might very well be there to help posters.

It might be stretching it a bit sure. For someone like me (and I'd assume a good number of people on boards) it's not really an issue, as nobody knows who I am.

What I was thinking was that it might be nice to have that extra level of anonymnity.

If you don't like it, then go invisible

Well ... it's not a question of liking or not liking something, I just thought that some people may prefer a bit more anonymnity in the Personal Issues forum without them having to go through the extra hoops of either going in unregged or making themselves invisible.

Isn't that one of the things the feedback forum is for, making suggestions which might make the users experience of Boards.ie that bit more pleasant?
    Not just for unhelpful, quite dickish comments.

Advertisement