Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website design

• 22-01-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I am looking to start my own website like:

Is there anyway to set up a webpage like this myself in which I would be able to modify quite easily??

I would like it to look the same and have the log in etc.

What type of webpage is this, what do you think it was made with, is there any alternatives?

Does anyone here make webpages like this?

Any help would be great.

Dylan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

Is there anyway to set up a webpage like this myself in which I would be able to modify quite easily??
    Not really unless you have considerable experience.
    I would like it to look the same and have the log in etc.
    What will ourweddingday.com have to say about that?
    what do you think it was made with, is there any alternatives?
    A web design company... Alternatives to what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dylan Murphy

what i mean is there any free open source website builders that could make it look similar.

Can they do anything if your webpage looks the same but just has different content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

cease & desist request, then sue the ass off you, it's what I would do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

what i mean is there any free open source website builders that could make it look similar.

Can they do anything if your webpage looks the same but just has different content?
    If there were free resources to make the page look like that then there would be no need for web designers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi dylan,

there are sites that sell web templates, like www.templatemonster.com. But realistically for what you need.

i.e.
    a database to house the products
    PHP scripts to update/edit the listings
    connection to a payment gateway to sell the items

You will NOT be able to do this without a web designer and PHP/MySQL (or ASP etc etc) coder.

If it was just a simple web page with just text and images, you could probably have a stab at it yourself. But this is way to complex to attempt yourself.

• Advertisement

great, thanks.

anyone looking for a nixer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Solicitation is not currently allowed on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No solicitation?
    Sorry Dylan, I wont sleep with you for money.. lol

haha..

Ah, you know what I meant... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

as mentioned above you'll need to get a web developer who will use on of three flavours to do this:
    -asp ;c#
    -jsp ;java
    -php ;perl

you could probably take a stab at the design yourself, but it would be better to get a designer to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭DUB

The simplest system to get up and running with is wordpress. If you can manage that then you should be able to get a good template to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FortalezaOwner

Did you have any luck building your site yourself, if so what software did you use

Could you please not pull up several old threads on the same topic. Run a search for similar queries that have suggestions, or start your own thread.

Advertisement