Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Australia with a criminal conviction

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 timmy bobandnj

It sound like you# are the sort of person who had a chocloate biscuit stolen from then when they are 6, and still blames the person 26 years down the line. Accurate?:eek:? Or the kind of person that leaves a job in accounting, and then blames his boss 26 years down the line.
    I use to change people's catheters for a living some years before, does an 'assault charge' negate those good-deeds then?
    Nothing else to say on the matter, you are obviosuly the kind of person that believes re-penalisation should be a perpetual cycle, much like this conversation, so I have nothing else to say on the matter.
    It is because of 'attitudes' like this that people do 're-offend', intentionally, and to be annoying, because of perpetual penalisation, or 'loosing a job' 40 years later because of an incident in teens, as said on earlier post:wrong. Now I get it.;
    May you meet and fall in love with someone internationally, too, who had the same thing happen earlier in life, and then you#will know the pain that my partner&her family are going through now.
    Never judge a book by its cover='character assessment' teams...'dissing&unwilling to meet those they don't even know
    Over and out.' nothing to say anymore:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate I have taken on several people for theft I have also left a few in a right state afterwards. I have no convictions for assault. In all cases my actions and my associates where found to be reasonable and propotionate in each case. I remember this being drilled into me by a very experienced doorman once that if I lose the head one night it could affect my life very badly in light of employment and future immigration.

I see your piont in that you would like to sit down with DIAC and plead your case but the way it works is you have to prove everything on paper. As bad as that is to handle when your in the mill.

Best of luck to you and your missus

Thanks, Zambia232, that's the best reply&sort of thing i wanted to hear. And thankyou for the 'good luck wishes too', and understanding it.
    Yes the "Diac" should meet people, instead of 'passing judgement' on those you don't know; and you probably didn't get an 'assault' charge because you were in 'doorman' job at the time? correct? Maybe not, wrong assumption then, i was just a dude pissed off with thieves. Yes, don't take it 'too far', because the kind of **** we are going through now 7years later and talking about it when it's 'been and gone', isn't worth the pain. We'll fight to be together, and if they half an ounce of intelligence/compassion,'moving on', they should finally clear it. She is coming back here to me now, and her whole family are personally going to turn up @the 'brisbane characer assessment office', to tell them they think it is wrong, as they are not too happy with it either, that will 'sort them out'(nagging aunties).
    Appreciate all that you have said, you understand where I / we are coming from, and thanks for the luck wishes, the first to say it, nice 1.:(
    Appreciated**

Chief I never said DIAC should sit down with you. In law basically people have to be assessed in these cases on the information you provide. If face to face was taken as a method of entry every DIAC officers training would take years.

What I was trying to say was the is never a reason to injure someone past the piont of your own or another innocent party's defence. From the description you gave before it sounded like you had a grievance you followed up on. This is not your own self defence.

Anyway regardless you understand now it was not the best course of action hence I still wish you the best of luck with your app. I also thank you for sharing this despite the sporadic use of 'these' (hussey is right they make your stuff hard to read) if anything its a lesson to others not to be flippant with assaults on others.

oh right, okey, i never put any 'apostrophe's' on here , except for that 1, it must be an error/comp. Yeah, here's a lesson, guys, if you have one incident several years before, do your 'time for it', meet a bird, have a very happy 2yrs(although more than a year is the criteria), they expect you to do the 'time'/ fine, or 'probation', all over again. What you did there and then back then, a part of life you were glad to get rid of, although there were reasons for it such as lsd on a club night out, etc. When you think it has all gone, you and were'penalised', and 'remorseful', although it wasn't all yr fault&you seem to have got the blame as normal.... expect to be talking about it again years later and explaining it, and be re-penalised years later. It hasn't affected 'jobs', as I just declare it normally.
    For people to know, as i didn't when we applied(which was the love of my life's idea), I had a 1 year'suspended sentence', from an incident 7rs ago, taking action upon thieves and burglars, as the police wouldn't and failed when asked by me(no evidence), I have no time for them(damned thieves), and yes, i got the property back and it was proved... and at 1 yr in any instance that is the time frame of the diac needing to assess it, i found that out 2months ago (I cannot remember it i thought it was a 2mnth suspended, long time ago, much has happened since then(all good).
    SO be warned from what I have learnt.
    IS that clear 2others?zambia232?It might help them...
    Even if you changed catheters, milked cows so far in your life, and were a nice helpful person in society, one incident and you 'still' have to talk about it.
    I believe this wrong, you do yr time and move on, and learn lesson from it.Re-penalisation isn't correct at all either though, and nor is the DIAC making blind decisions on people they don't know and are unwilling to meet.
    Her fam will all be marching up there, believe me, and insisting on a meeting, as full sponsorship is underway, and they are pretty ****'d off with it also, 2mnths later,them not letting us get on with our lives. I have supported her in the UK for years so paying 2grandaus$ either way was the only way to stay together.
    Even if your great aunt is sick, mother in law has leukemia(true), partner of years has had a stroke(it wasn't her, she hasn't), or is pregnant,they still don't give a 'visa'...that is the state of the world to day and I have to say arse****'s of no relelance to yr life making decisions that affect yr life when they dont know you:cool:, even with refs from dozens of friends&fam etc. No matter how many xmas's you have spent together or years..
    Does anyone know whatthis 'paperwork decision' is &involves anyway? Can you explain it plse? Because I dont, we supplied all we could, work/friends refs all of that, what more do they want?blood obviously.
    And yes, they will all be marching up there. Cheers x
    Anyway, thanks
    These people (Diac etc), are not meant to 'help you', they are meant to ruin your lives, as are the police, harrassing you for posession of weed are(and no i havent smoked for 6years it doesnt apply to me), and taking it and using it... in some states/areas but not nimben near Byron I have heard(!), although thats a bit irrelevant sorry. That is what we feel at at he moment.Their whole goal is to ruin your very happy years together and lives, even though you paid them to be able to stay together, and re-penalise you because they love being '###'s ' and re-blaming.
    That's our opinion now because they ARE ruining our lives.
    Her(very large) brother had ONE RESTAINING ORDER when young in NSW, he is now married with kids(i have met), and him and my future pops in-law want to set up a gun shop(they are farmers), and they are not 'allowed to', and have to pay extra etc because of that 1 incident.
    What a load of ###, its being safe yes, but now i say DOES IT EVER STOP??(re-penalisation).They put you in court all over again, just to justify your love and reasons, and then judge you, the diac don't even know us and won't meet us so its ridiculous. What training?? WHat more do they WANT from US????? I Ask....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They are busy enough as it is, you are lowest priority to them because you have a conviction.
    Dont try to convince us, it wont make any difference.

yeah sorry i guess i just needed to talk about it;)

And it's not me i am worried about,getting all of this 'S**t' again from people we don't know(diac), it's my partner and her mum has leuk., and them (diac) not letting me see them and help, she could be on her death bed soon, as health has deteriorated alot, and the flood damage on the farm, etc,that needs sorting out, and uncle has had a stroke, and they can't do it all alone, that is why us&we are uspet, not to mention wedding i missed because of them.
    That's why i am writing on web asking 4 help......
    Diac not letting me help my family, it is wrong, and partner staying there to help&i am supposed to be helping too, that is why it is causing us suffering&it is re-penalisation.
    I might not ever see uncle or mom again, because of ill-health, or partner i lovelong time dearly, because of diac, this is why it is wrong.
    They are good peoplecaught-england-flood-www-lg.jpg
    That is why i did not appreciate hussey's insinuations to 'move on', she obviously has no idea at all..
    .. so get over it ... or should I say get over 'it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

:rolleyes: I didn't say move on .. I said get over it ... do you really not know the difference?

Get over it: Get over the fact that the australian visa department does not see you as a priority and to stop moaning about it, other people are in your position too. Your record makes the process time longer, so get over it.

Move on implies to give up, I never said that.

You seem to be ultra defensive, and keep on repeating everything over and over, no one wants you to fail in your application, I do honestly wish you luck, but we are just saying there is a legal process they must follow, and your actions may have caused delays in this, they are following procedure and rightly so in my opinion. If they were to meet every de facto visa face to face then applications could take YEARS rather than months, so this point in illogical really.

Out of curiosity what age are you? can you apply for a WHV in Aus or NZ( cheap flights to Oz) or a holiday visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Yr best bet is to be as honest as possible with them- the second you lie and are caught out on it forget any hopes of getting in- tell them everything and they'll be more lenient with you about it.

shellyhouse.jpg

• Advertisement

Yr best bet is to be as honest as possible with them- the second you lie and are caught out on it forget any hopes of getting in- tell them everything and they'll be more lenient with you about it.

yeap true, thanks, thats why i just declared all on app, i'd say that to all too,and warn them to go through procedure to clear thisall up too, thanks.
    In actual fact though, at the moment we are worse off

Hussey:
    I didn't say move on .. I said get over it ... do you really not know the difference?
    .. get over what ...love??...certainly sounded that way 2 me!! And NO CHANCE, she's great.. Am 37, and too old for this **** when i have things to do and people to help i care about, so that is how i feel about the 'diac'. Aus pr is in the loop, so declared all&we joint paid for it, too old for whv (and done before nz).Thanks for looking for 'possible solutions' though. Here have an itallic especially for you...."'" (haha lol)
    Seriously though we are all really suffering now because of diac ruining our lives, and we don't need this as well as all other problems.Yes but as i am dealing with this alone now and writing on web having not seen my partner for 2months, and all of these circumstances described above being pretty damned good reasons to 'see them'. They won't let you 'fly there' to meet them (diac), and see and help your fam and keep on with our great life together....even as a 'tourist' like before several times...although friends working in Brisb intend to go and see them but they don't want to meet #supporters/friends or family etc or anyone so what's the point?' i am worried they say 'no' when not even met people, THAT i consider wrong. I am worried for my family x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

timmy wrote:
    .. get over what ...love??
    hussey wrote: »
    Get over it: Get over the fact that the australian visa department does not see you as a priority and to stop moaning about it, other people are in your position too. Your record makes the process time longer, so get over it.

Obviously you missed it so I put it in black for you

well you go tell her fam that then, you dont particularly sound like a very nice person, so do not write anymore plse, ta:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

1205-0103.gif
    I Soooooo wanted to use the other version, but this is more polite :D:D

Bet you think Hussey is not that bad now...

Good to hear from you again Mahatma ... What the hell happened at Bathurst...Ford did not exactly shine :mad:

put yrself in the middle of leukemia and a flood thats ruined your land and property, with yr family not being able to go and see you because of 'immigration' people that don't know you..., see how you like it.
    Are you helping are you? No, not exactly.:eek:

Sad to say Zambia but the Holdens were Slightly faster.

that and aint Lownsey going back to the Enemy next season:rolleyes:

put yrself in the middle of leukemia and a flood thats ruined your land and property, with yr family not being able to go and see you because of 'immigration' people that don't know you..., see how you like it.
    Are you helping are you? No, not exactly.:eek:

whats this 'your land and property' stuff about, you arent even in the country yet and you are stakin claims to bits of it:eek:

And The rest of us Deal with Fires and Floods on a regular basis, its part and parcel of Austeralian life MAAAAATE

Advertisement