Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crop Circles-what is the truth!?

Options
  • 22-01-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

since appearing in the media in the 1970's crop circles have become the subject of various paranormal and fringe beliefs.I came upon this documentary [crop circles-quest for truth] ,I just got lost into this,it is a brill documentary ,has anyone else seen it?, dont know how long its being made but dont really care.The real question is,human made or un-human made!? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9zp1u4LW3Cg http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOag6XOeeQ

crop circles are?? 63 votes

human made
    0%
    un-human made
    100%
    sixpack's little hatZombrexsuper_furryCodeMonkeyRiamfadadeecommonkeyfudgegpjordanf1quad_redIce_Boxpug_OryxHungryJoeyxabi[Jackass]philologosCool Mo DMajor LovechildmuppetkillerTristram 63 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

un-human made
    I big chunk of my thesis (The Art of the Paranormal) was on crop circles. Really cool looking and the planning of them is amazing but with so many fantasic examples of them being proven to be man made I cant help but presume that most of them are.

The reason I say "most" above is because I believe some of the less technical of them may be produced by unknown natural forces.

Interestingly the earliest recorded crop circle was this:

mdevil.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Crop circles are something like 80% human made out of around 200 each year ,the other 20% is still unsolved....The documentary really goes into that 20% and the experience and wisdom of the people who study crop circles from the 80's and still to this day ,crop circles are very powerful images and have become more and more advanced as documented ,As with ufo's the media is used as a propaganda tool.For people to avoid detection while making crop circles and to leave not one sign of evidence that people were there is not evidence its human-made but evidence its not human-made.Also the summer nite's are short to under go making large scale crop circles wound you not agree?why isn't radar used in the area's best known for crop circles!

un-human made
    jonbravo wrote: »
    As with ufo's the media is used as a propaganda tool.

As I referred to it "Tabloid Land Art".
    For people to avoid detection while making crop circles and to leave not one sign of evidence that people were there is not evidence its human-made but evidence its not human-made.Also the summer nite's are short to under go making large scale crop circles wound you not agree?why isn't radar used in the area's best known for crop circles!

By radar do you mean satalite? What a waste of money that would be!

Summer nights a re short but how long do you think it takes to make one? Do you presume its one person or a team of people?

They say in some cases that there are no tracks leading to the cicrles so they must be done from above - nonsense.

The reason police etc dont look into them is because the land owners dont persue it. Why would they? The media will give them a nice bit of attention and some cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What do we need to fear from intergalactic Overlords whose only interest is in making patterns in our cereal fields?

By radar do you mean satalite? What a waste of money that would be!

Summer nights a re short but how long do you think it takes to make one? Do you presume its one person or a team of people?

They say in some cases that there are no tracks leading to the cicrles so they must be done from above - nonsense.

The reason police etc dont look into them is because the land owners dont persue it. Why would they? The media will give them a nice bit of attention and some cash.[/quote]
    depending on the size of the crop circle,if were talking about the biggest found then not only wound it take more then one nite but it would take a team of people ,these crop circles are not human made.some land owner's can remember crop circles well before the media or people gave notice to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

un-human made
    "Bunch of messers with time and planks of wood to spare..."

or else rabbits on an acid trip...

un-human made
    depending on the size of the crop circle,if were talking about the biggest found then not only wound it take more then one nite but it would take a team of people ,these crop circles are not human made.some land owner's can remember crop circles well before the media or people gave notice to them.

Crops arent checked everyday so they people would have plenty of time to do it. Some of the most complicated ones are accounted for so shows it can be down. The media have been giving these attention since well before the 70s, look at the image I posted and see that its been in papers for hundreds of years.

People would destroy their part of their own crop and go to the local autority claiming a neighbor had cursed them, they would then receive payment for the damages - if not from the neighbor then from the community (the neighbour would face trial).

Sabotage wrote: »
    Crops arent checked everyday so they people would have plenty of time to do it. Some of the most complicated ones are accounted for so shows it can be down. The media have been giving these attention since well before the 70s, look at the image I posted and see that its been in papers for hundreds of years.

People would destroy their part of their own crop and go to the local autority claiming a neighbor had cursed them, they would then receive payment for the damages - if not from the neighbor then from the community (the neighbour would face trial).
    the discovery channel did a recreation of a corp circle a few years back and it was pretty weak ,it did not state the radiation that has being found within the crop ,in side the crop circles nor explain how crops are interwoven, its not just about stepped on crops. human made C.C are nearly always done in the daytime and thats fact ,but sometimes C.C are made in rainy conditions with no mud found in the likely non-human circles ,it would take hours to draw it on paper let alone map it out in a field ,just ask a mathematican who would be interested in the phenomenon.Crops are checked everyday by the farmers,to make sure there crop is a success they would have to.http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_KoR2t-iM9k&feature=related crop circles have only being documented since the 1970's so everything before this date is not important to the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

un-human made
    Holy crap :eek: And what are the odds -- aliens look exactly like the hollywood representation of what filmmakers think they look like! :eek: Looks like they got it spot on!

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Holy crap :eek: And what are the odds -- aliens look exactly like the hollywood representation of what filmmakers think they look like! :eek: Looks like they got it spot on!
    Nooo,he's missing the left side of this face:D,i could be readin to much into this but i think they just want a 5 a-side match... BEWARE the universe all star's :rolleyes:LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Noodles631

since appearing in the media in the 1970's crop circles have become the subject of various paranormal and fringe beliefs.I came upon this documentary [crop circles-quest for truth] ,I just got lost into this,it is a brill documentary ,has anyone else seen it?, dont know how long its being made but dont really care.The real question is,human made or un-human made!? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9zp1u4LW3Cg http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOag6XOeeQ

Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxY98buBw2o

Noodles631 wrote: »
    its checked out noodles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mAdrSvOgwI

its nearly the crop circle time of year.

Yo
    How do I go about making your a Friend
    Cheers
    Noodlesicon7.gif

Yo
    How do I go about making your a Friend
    Cheers
    Noodlesicon7.gif
    just add me as a friend on jonbravo`s profile:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

6th wrote: »
    I big chunk of my thesis (The Art of the Paranormal) was on crop circles. Really cool looking and the planning of them is amazing but with so many fantasic examples of them being proven to be man made I cant help but presume that most of them are.

Art of the paranormal? Focussing on artwork? There are some serious questions to be asked in terms of EM radiation, and how the stalks are laid as they are without breaking. Did those two geezers in England confessing to faking them influence you? It shouldn't have. ;)

Kernel wrote: »
    Art of the paranormal? Focussing on artwork? There are some serious questions to be asked in terms of EM radiation, and how the stalks are laid as they are without breaking. Did those two geezers in England confessing to faking them influence you? It shouldn't have. ;)
    im still amazed people think there man-made:)
    with the soil samples alone,or how the crop is inter-woven.
    the serious question is not how there made, but what they mean.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Has there ever been any documented cases of crop circles in Ireland?

For me looking at these beautifully constructed works, I am reminded constantly of Mandalas. Carl Jung was big into Mandalas. I believe they are a meant to speak to us at a spiritual level. I look at (some of) them and am overwhelmed by their beauty. They make me feel spiritually more alive.

Find one you really like and just spend time looking at it and ask yourself how it makes you feel? Just a suggestionicon12.gif

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Has there ever been any documented cases of crop circles in Ireland?
    i have not found any documented cases of crop circles in ireland.
    grass cirlces in county down near mourne area, but not documented or i cant find it documented any way.....may of being man-made.

For me looking at these beautifully constructed works, I am reminded constantly of Mandalas. Carl Jung was big into Mandalas. I believe they are a meant to speak to us at a spiritual level. I look at (some of) them and am overwhelmed by their beauty. They make me feel spiritually more alive.

Find one you really like and just spend time looking at it and ask yourself how it makes you feel? Just a suggestionicon12.gif
    until i am in one, im just going to keep my spiritual level at a level......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

http://www.silentcircle.co.uk/rpt092.html

Good site, up-to-date.

Crop circle discovered yesterday.

Its interesting when you read about how the crop is bent but not broken.

There was a case of one appearing in the space of 15 mins, motorists and pilots calling the police.
    At Stonehenge in 1996 (below), a pilot reported seeing nothing unusual while flying above the monument at 4:15pm, yet 15 minutes later a second pilot reported this huge 900 ft formation resembling the Julia Set computer fractal. Comprising 149 circles and aligned along a spiral curve, it lay within view of the well-patrolled monument. It took a team of 11– including myself – no less than five hours just to survey the formation.
    http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/education.html
    Very Impressive CC.

http://www.failfunnies.com/35/images/crop-circle-fail.jpg :D:D:D

Love this pic, all the cops and ambulance down bottom corner. hahaha

http://www.silentcircle.co.uk/rpt092.html

Good site, up-to-date.

Crop circle discovered yesterday.

Its interesting when you read about how the crop is bent but not broken.

There was a case of one appearing in the space of 15 mins, motorists and pilots calling the police.

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/education.html
    Very Impressive CC.

http://www.failfunnies.com/35/images/crop-circle-fail.jpg :D:D:D

Love this pic, all the cops and ambulance down bottom corner. hahaha
    lots of circles this year amazing stuff.........love the last link funny stuff pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

un-human made
    drunken kangaroo made :rolleyes:

robbie_998 wrote: »
    druken kangaroo made :rolleyes:
    i only wish crop circles were kangaroo made.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i think the soil samples are interesting, as is the heat needed to raise the moisture in the wheat - plus the way that some cases have only affected the wheat and not grass or other plants in the fields. Saw a damned good docu on it the other nght, the link of which I have mislaid.

I saw a science team from a university try to recreate a circle (on telly) and its not as easy as one would think. Im in two minds when it comes to crop circles ... need more information.

to the 69.64% who reckon they're human made - any vids online showing how they make them (especially the more complex ones)?

un-human made
    BAck when I was research it for my thesis I came across Doug & Dave ... seem like a good laugh. BTw, I'm not saying they are responsible for all that they claim.

• Advertisement

they are the only kinds of vids I have seen myself - not exactly what would you say, feasible? As much as I believe theres tonnes of crop circles that are man made, most of them look man made. they dont explain how the wheat has expanded, how grass isnt affected and how the soil changes though I suspect that these are things the growing number of people voting the man made option on the thread here havent really considered too deeply.

Advertisement