Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Sports personality of the year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

Totally agree with you, david is def one of the best athletes carlow has ever had and best of luck to him with everthing in the future.

I will also be voting for one of the best young footballers i have ever seen padraig amond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I got a text today from the Carlow Karate club, trying to drum up support of one of their girls, who did really well in world karate championships recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Giving my vote to gabriel for his achievements in the special olympics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jim K

Opps My new thread on another forum was just blocked in relation to the Carlow Sports Person of the Year for 2008.
    While every person is well deserving of the overall award...well done to everyone for making it this far and indeed the winners of the prelim round.
    I was at the award giving where David won his first award and I was very impressed with his attitude. I have my €50 ticket for the awards next month where Jack Charlton will be the guest of honour. Should be some night. Best of luck to everyone....They are ALL winners and are doing the county proud.

I thiink my vote will go to Emma Furey of Carlow karate club. www.carlowkarateclub.net
    Text Emma to 51502

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

voting open until February 6th

• Advertisement

Time is running out for your votes.
    Wouldnt it be nice for the sport personalities in Carlow to get votes, no matter who they are.
    So lets get voting

Text Emma to 51502
    This is the name and number to remember !!!!!

Although I have been speaking to numerous people in the area and support is very good for all contenders. Which is brilliant.

Jim K wrote: »
    Text Emma to 51502
    This is the name and number to remember !!!!!

Although I have been speaking to numerous people in the area and support is very good for all contenders. Which is brilliant.

David still is the name to remember..

patrick? Are you heading down to the Oaks on Friday night for the results and the beautiful dinner of course. Opps not forgetting the company of the ledgend Jack

Jim K wrote: »
    patrick? Are you heading down to the Oaks on Friday night for the results and the beautiful dinner of course. Opps not forgetting the company of the ledgend Jack

i havent got tickets Jim, where can you get them from? is it black tie for guests also?

• Advertisement

Patrick,
    The Nationalist office has them. Not sure if they have any left though. They are or were going like wildfire.
    It is black tie but I was informed that gents can wear the normal suit plus shirt and tie etc. Dosent have to be the Tux.
    Just a reminder to everyone that the voting stops today.

Best of luck to everyone in the running.

What a brilliant night at the event last Friday night.
    Although Jack was a little late getting out of Newcastle on the plane (Through no fault of his own) the night and Jacks stories went down a treat.
    Well done to the Nationalist newspaper for a great night. Free bar too which was a help.
    Well done to all of the sports personalities. I forget the lads name from the soccer who was the overall winner. Great choce. Thankfully it was not a professional that got the overall proze eh?
    Woe is me as I had to leave the place at 1am but I imagine that the event went on until the wee hours of the morning.
    Looking forward to nexts years already.

thanks Jim for the review, i heard it was a great night alright.

Well for a proper review I would have to say the following.....
    About 250 people in their finery...black ties and elegant gowns flowing all around. people went out of their way to look good one the night...Except me who forgot to wear the dickie bow...blast it anyway...
    The meal was piping hot. Achoice between salmon and beef with a selection of creams and tarts at the end of the dinner.
    As I said above Jack arrived a little late but that didnt stop him from entertaining everyone after dinner. He is some man to tell stories, although he seemed to forget the endings to one or two of them. Tiredness was setting in on him I think after the long flight from the UK. He stayed overnight in the Oaks and was going to the west of Ireland for some fishing for a few days I believe.
    As stated above the bar was free but I cant say I seen people taking advantage of it at all. Everyone behaved......Good job I was away the next morning or I would have downed a few I tell ya.
    The entertainment after the dinner was a DJ I understand. By all accounts I hear it went down well.
    All of the sponsors were there to hand out their respective prozes. Stone Developments, Super Valu, Milltown Engineering, Carlow Shopping Centre to name but a few. Memory is getting the best of me I cant remember the rest.
    Eire Og have run this event for the last 40 years and this is the first year for the Nationalist newspaper and a brilliant job they did too.
    A nice little pocket book with details on all of the winners was given to all in attendance, which was beautifully done.
    The staff at the Oaks had their work cut out for them but they managed very well. Fair play to Michael Murphy of the Oaks.
    The only bad point I would mention if I was pushed on one would be the fact that people were a little too close at the tables but then again with so many people lookig for tickets and the popularity of the event, space was at a premium.

Advertisement