Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubbies 40th Present

Options
  • 22-01-2009 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi My hubbie will be 40 soon and would love to get him something unusual or go somewhere unusual in ireland...

Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Book a weekend away for just you and himself.
    Somewhere nice, lock yourself away for the weekend and show him a good time ;)
    Believe me...he'll appreciate this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Thanks Mathew Reilly but I was hoping for something a little more than that!!! :P

Afterall he gets that most weekends!!! ;)

Nah really wot i am looking for is if someone has stayed someone which was really unusual / different with a decent high quality restaurant in hotel or nearby?

Thinking the likes of Castle Leslie but that still isnt unusual enough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What does he like?
    Golfing? - Could get him a weekend away in Galway (can't remember hotel name but can't be too many with golf).
    You could caddy for him so you're not left out or if you fancied a game yourself and wanted to learn.

It all depends what his hobbies are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Nah its not so much about activities...

Take castle leslie...

Old building. different unusual rooms

steeped in history

fab restaurant.

meant to be haunted

activities include beautiful lands horse riding sailing billiards etc

really like this place but before looking to book it was just trying to see if anyone had come across anywhere unusual before and if so any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Rally driving lesson/experience?

Flying lesson?

Helicopter lesson?

My OH got me a Helicopter flying lesson for my 30th... really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement