Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Problem

Options
  • 22-01-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

this is driving me demented.
    for the past while now the postman has been throwing my post into the porch and not the letterbox, the problem with this is the porch door blew off in strong winds and i havent got it fixed yet. every time i get post now its usually either soaked or blowing around my garden.
    i have spoken to the postman and he has promised on numerous occasions to put it in the letterbox, but he hasnt. i even went as far as to show him the letterbox (patronising i know) but i thought doind this would have made him use the letterbox.
    i have tried complaining to an post on the website but the page for residential complaints returns a 404.
    does anyone know who or where i can contact?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Contact your local delivery office and ask for the DSM (Delivery Services Manager). He'll sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

smashey wrote: »
    Contact your local delivery office and ask for the DSM (Delivery Services Manager). He'll sort it.

cheers smashey, ill do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Might sound like a stupid question but where is your letterbox situated. I recently had an issue with my letterbox (its a metal box) and when looking into getting one cut into my door I was told that if the letterbox is too high up, or too low down the door the postman can refuse to deliver it on health and safety grounds (danaging back etc from streching/stooping!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Might sound like a stupid question but where is your letterbox situated. I recently had an issue with my letterbox (its a metal box) and when looking into getting one cut into my door I was told that if the letterbox is too high up, or too low down the door the postman can refuse to deliver it on health and safety grounds (danaging back etc from streching/stooping!)

its at waist height on the hall door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Thats perfect height. He is just being lazy :( especially as he could guess that your post would get wet or blown about, if he bothered to think about it...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement