Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally Ireland 09

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

[QUOTE=Mrs.T;58845900

Anyways,
    We went to the parade and fireworks last night. Great turn out. This morning we saw all the rally cars going through our village getting ready for the Lough Gill stage, great to see them up close. Unfortunately didn't get to see the fast action because they had to turn spectators away because it was too busy. Glad there was a lot of support. We loved it!!! Great buzz around here.[/QUOTE]

The fireworks were class, I think it would have made for a lot better evening if the Chamber and organisers would have said there speeches and patted each other on the back before the fireworks and not after. I haven’t seen such a mass exit of people since Galway hammered Sligo in Markievicz park a few years ago and the place emptied at half time. I would say 2-3 thousand people standing around a band ready to go then the dreaded we have a few people who would all like to thank each other and repeat the same speech for 10 minutes each. I felt sorry for the band everyone just turned and walked. I was looking forward to staying for a while but once the talking started the kids were having none of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

They waited until AFTER the fireworks to give their boring speeches!?

And they expected people to stick around for that?

Wonders never cease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

bennyc wrote: »
    The fireworks were class, I think it would have made for a lot better evening if the Chamber and organisers would have said there speeches and patted each other on the back before the fireworks and not after. I haven’t seen such a mass exit of people since Galway hammered Sligo in Markievicz park a few years ago and the place emptied at half time. I would say 2-3 thousand people standing around a band ready to go then the dreaded we have a few people who would all like to thank each other and repeat the same speech for 10 minutes each. I felt sorry for the band everyone just turned and walked. I was looking forward to staying for a while but once the talking started the kids were having none of it.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! That is fecking hilarious. This just epitomises the intelligence of the morons in the Sligo Chamber. Well done on showing how well we can organise things in sligo. Seriously, the rally was well organised, but this shower couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mowgli-mcnob

The rally in general was well organised but, as is usually the case in this country, we manage to mess some stuff up! Like the fireworks before the speeches! who is gonna stand around in the cold waiting for speeches to end?! At least we didnt mess up the camera action like '07. All the world watched as the action ceased for a couple of minutes as Ireland try to air live WRC!! An embarrassment to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

The rally in general was well organised but, as is usually the case in this country, we manage to mess some stuff up! Like the fireworks before the speeches! who is gonna stand around in the cold waiting for speeches to end?! At least we didnt mess up the camera action like '07. All the world watched as the action ceased for a couple of minutes as Ireland try to air live WRC!! An embarrassment to say the least!

Who siad it was messed up? Maybe the people who organissed it figured that nobody wants to hear boring speeches and did the right thing!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Who siad it was messed up? Maybe the people who organissed it figured that nobody wants to hear boring speeches and did the right thing!:D

Hmmm, there's a thought. But if they were going to do that, why bother with the speeches of gladhandling and smiles at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Macroom Man

fozzle wrote: »
    What on earth are you talking about? What possible connection is there? And for the record I'm not a member of any political party, never have been, and I've voted for candidates for a number of different parties over the years. Hope that helps settle your paranoia.

It was a simple question - no need for abuse!

All the politicians heard on local radio -McSharry, Devins, Kennedy - are members of the same party. Nothing wrong with them but it seems odd that no-one from any other grouping seemed interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Hmmm, there's a thought. But if they were going to do that, why bother with the speeches of gladhandling and smiles at all?

dont know:confused: maybe to make them feel important and give them a chance to pat each others back? :D

Advertisement