Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Long Haul flights site?

• 22-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of heading either to South Africa or Australia later in the year (prob July) and I was wondering if there were any good websites out there where there would be cheap flights to either of these places? I have tried BA, Ethiad, Quantas etc and prices from the UK are working out at around €800. Flights from Ireland are working out near €1000 so I reckon it might be better to book a flight out of the UK and seperately book a cheap Ryanair flight to the UK.

So are there any websites out there that do bargain long haul flights that you know of?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hamish262001

www.gohop.ie

www.go4less.ie

www.trailfinders.ie

www.usit.ie ?

have used above for flights to NZ
    normally find walking dublin city center abbey st etc shops just as good if not better

ryanair is a point to point only so good luck getting any further than the UK if flight is delayed :mad:

bagage restrictions will be very limited on a single uk flight

1000 euro return is good to oz or nz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

gazzer wrote: »
    Flights from Ireland are working out near €1000 so I reckon it might be better to book a flight out of the UK and seperately book a cheap Ryanair flight to the UK.

I've normally found good flights from Trailfinders and Usit. They'll give you loads of options with different airlines. Some of the flights can come in a fair bit cheaper than you'd find yourself on the websites.

I wouldn't recommend Ryanair to the UK as a hop. Not bashing Ryanair here.

1: When you're booking on in Dublin with Ethiad, Air France or Aer Lingus etc. you just give your bags in at the Dublin desk and pick them up at your destination. If you're using the UK as a hop you have to check in twice and pick up your luggage in the UK. Pain in the ass. By the time you've paid your baggage handling fees and the cost of a ticket you must be getting close to eating up whatever you've saved anyway.

2: If the airline that is taking you to the UK is delayed you'll either miss your flight from the UK or have a stressfull hour or two while you're on your way. I've been there. Missed a connecting flight home in Manchester. Had to stay a night as we were one of the last flights in to the airport and had to pay way more than a €.01 fare the next morning. It blew any saving we made out of the water. If you book with one carrier and they cause you to be late they'll try to help you out.

Advertisement