Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i buy duster gas ?

Options
  • 22-01-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

i went to woodies and checked all over the square tallaght today and no one had it ?

also where can i buy butane in a can ?

i couldn't find tha either

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why do you want duster? Propane is much easier to find and works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Butane with absolutely destroy your gun from what I've been told but you can pick it up in argos and most camping shops

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3402007/Trail/searchtext%3EBUTANE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

gun is nit suitable for propabe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

lucozader wrote: »
    also where can i buy butane in a can ?

Butane and Propane are two different things.

Using Butane in a GBB is likely to result in catastrophic failure of the gun and severe injury to the user.

Apparently not. Dex will explain later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

OzCam wrote: »
    Butane and Propane are two different things.

Using Butane in a GBB is likely to result in catastrophic failure of the gun and severe injury to the user.

DO NOT USE BUTANE.

Is butane not weaker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not true, I've used butane during tests with no issues on several gbbs and nbbs across various brands. There's very little pressure from it though so it offers no advantage. Propane/green is still the way forward, 134a if you're worried it can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Isn't so called 'duster' gas the same thing as 134a but witout the oil?

you can get it here or anyother good airsoft shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

what is the benefit of using the different gas do u mind me asking?

Different gasses have different pressures, resulting in different energies and therefore a higher or lower muzzle velocity. Duster and 134a are, to all intents and purposes, the same. Propane and green gas are essentially the same too (from a pressure standpoint, their chemistries are very different).

For Irish temperatures and pressures, green gas suits just about everything. In the depths of winter, CO2 is preferred but not all guns can use it. Green gas will work during winter months, but not as effectively as it's more efficient in warmer weather (as with any gas). This year has seen an unusually cold winter (winter is generally cold but it's been a while since we saw one that harsh) and with skirmish field temperatures averaging around 4-6C, green gas powered gbbs were next to useless. The next stage up from green gas is red gas, which is more efficient in cold weather than green but will put a gbb over the limit in warmer months (or even over-stress it causing damage).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I don't know exactly what is in duster gas, but as far as butane is concerned, it shouldn't be used in airsoft guns for the same reasons as WD40 shouldn't. it has the same effect as WD40 on seals as its a parrifin gas. Its made from natural gas or crude oil. Its no more dangerous than propane, if anything it will be safer since it fires with considerably lower power and isn't as volatile as propane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

NakedDex wrote: »
    Propane and green gas are essentially the same too (from a pressure standpoint, their chemistries are very different).

i thought green gas was propane with silicone and nice smellies thats all

Not completely, green gas is a mix of propane and isobutane. Neither gas has any noticeable smell, the fishy stench is added to propane for safety after it's refined.
    There's also HFC22 (red gas) which is another name for Freon 22 which contains no propane at all, and instead is a methane based hydrochloroflurocarbon, rather than a straight hydrocarbon like green. This is why it works that bit better in cold weather than green.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Check out Maplin off Jervis Street for duster gas. May not be any use to for a GBB though because of the nozzel I only use it for cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

any computer store in the country will sell duster gas.

Advertisement