Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darts Scoring Software Discussion/Help

• 22-01-2009 5:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought I would start a thread up so we can discuss the various scoring software and get help with setting it up etc.

Ok so I have just started to play with the N01 software. First question is that I set up the game to be best of 15 legs. But when the computer won his 8th leg it went said that he had gone one set up and and was throwing at start of second set. As far a I could see there was no option when setting up the game to say how many sets were to be played so I assumed that it was a Matchplay game best of 15 legs.

So how do I enter the number of sets to be played? I can't find it anywhere and it's very annoying because when I exited the game at the start of the second set this was recorded in my scoresheet as me losing that set 8-0.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Anyone know of scoring software for mac?? Just while this thread is here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kingp35 wrote: »
    So how do I enter the number of sets to be played?
    You can't. You can just set the number of legs per set. I play best of 5 legs and then first to get to 3 sets wins.
    when I exited the game at the start of the second set this was recorded in my scoresheet as me losing that set 8-0.
    hmmm...not sure how to stop that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Thought I would start a thread up so we can discuss the various scoring software and get help with setting it up etc.

Ok so I have just started to play with the N01 software. First question is that I set up the game to be best of 15 legs. But when the computer won his 8th leg it went said that he had gone one set up and and was throwing at start of second set. As far a I could see there was no option when setting up the game to say how many sets were to be played so I assumed that it was a Matchplay game best of 15 legs.

So how do I enter the number of sets to be played? I can't find it anywhere and it's very annoying because when I exited the game at the start of the second set this was recorded in my scoresheet as me losing that set 8-0.

Any help much appreciated!

Nope cant see where you can set up how many sets you wanna play, dont think it has that option built into the game which is pretty stupid if ya ask me (but im not complaining) Think it just goes up to as many sets as you wish to play which would be a bit annoying especially if you want to save your match stats:rolleyes:
    Just when you decide youve played played enough set save the match stats manually if ya get me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

The no1 doesn't have best of sets, pretty stupid but you just have it in your head how many you want to play and play to that number, which do you's think is better no1 or darts pro ( have both but can't decide which is better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I haven't seen it do as you mention where it automatically awards a set you quit but then again I've only recently switched to the latest version. I think the guy behind it is pretty open to suggestions (for example I read recently he increased it from 6-12 levels at the request of some users).

As for which is better, I use both. N01's obvious advantage is the ability to play against the computer. DartPro's network play is one of its key features and I do love the likes of Bob's 27 and the round the world type bits of Dartpro too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Guys are you serious

N01 has a Schedule System

File -> Schedule

And you setup how you want the game to go so if you want 5 sets with first to 3 in each of 501 you click Add and create a game, it adds to the schedule and the game will play out each of the entries and stop after the 5th set

So you might win 4-1 in sets or 3-2, it will play all 5 in the schedule.

Did Nobody Know that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Guys are you serious

N01 has a Schedule System

File -> Schedule

And you setup how you want the game to go so if you want 5 sets with first to 3 in each of 501 you click Add and create a game, it adds to the schedule and the game will play out each of the entries and stop after the 5th set

So you might win 4-1 in sets or 3-2, it will play all 5 in the schedule.

Did Nobody Know that?

Cheers dionsiseire I didn't know that. I'm new to the software so just figuring it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Aye i know your new, the others though have been using it a while

Were ya'll never curious what schedule did?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Plated N01 on level 12 for a laugh last night, got hammered :D reckon it would give Phil Taylor a run for his money!

level 12:confused::confused::confused:, mine only goes to level 6 prob a older version

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    level 12:confused::confused::confused:, mine only goes to level 6 prob a older version

Yeah new version below has 12 levels
    http://www.nakka.com/soft/n01/index_eng.html

downloaded the no1_019.zip but can't download the .exe version (maybe because i have vista i don't know)

Double Top wrote: »
    downloaded the no1_019.zip but can't download the .exe version (maybe because i have vista i don't know)

I'm using Vista too! Just ran it from the webpage using the exe file and it works perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Anybody know how to get the "gameon.wav" sound file working in Dartpro? Also does anybody else get the score sound file kicking in after gamehot has been called eg. i checkout 60, "gameshot.wav" plays, then when I click return after entering how many darts i used in my last throw, "60.wav" plays? Lastly, is it possible for more than 1 person to keep track of their 501 stats when practising alone or does another instance of the program have to be installed. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just downloaded no1 now and love it :D.

Im sure it will help me to no end as I try and make a comeback to this game after over 5 years.

God, why did I ever let myself go so long without playing? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

D_murph wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just downloaded no1 now and love it :D.

Im sure it will help me to no end as I try and make a comeback to this game after over 5 years.

God, why did I ever let myself go so long without playing? :(

Feel free to join our next online tournament.
    Welcome back to darts!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Feel free to join our next online tournament.
    Welcome back to darts!

Im new to this section of the forum so Im not sure how to join actually :o. However I look forward to it.

I used to be pretty handy and to have to come back at my current level is very annoying lol. So many 26s etc :rolleyes:.

I have a board at home so I hope to get back on form ASAP by giving it loads on my days off..

D_murph wrote: »

Im new to this section of the forum so Im not sure how to join actually :o. However I look forward to it.

I used to be pretty handy and to have to come back at my current level is very annoying lol. So many 26s etc :rolleyes:.

I have a board at home so I hope to get back on form ASAP by giving it loads on my days off..

It's a great tournament!
    We use this site http://ezchalk.com/index.php to host the games. It's all about honesty as you cannot see the other player throwing. To me it's better than practising and it will improve your game! Next tournament should start next week!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    It's a great tournament!
    We use this site http://ezchalk.com/index.php to host the games. It's all about honesty as you cannot see the other player throwing. To me it's better than practising and it will improve your game! Next tournament should start next week!

Ah, I saw that one earlier and signed up to it as my username on here.

Ill keep an eye out and see if I can join it but my work hours are funny due to shift rota so I might have difficulties with match times etc :(.

Ill have a look and see how it goes.

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Does anyone know how to set up darts pro for internet games?
    It looks complicated but could be better for the next tournament EZchalk was terrible slow by times

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how to set up darts pro for internet games?
    It looks complicated but could be better for the next tournament EZchalk was terrible slow by times

I tried to play one of my games in my group using darts pro but we found it impossible to set up a game!:(

Anybody have any hints or tips on setting up darts pro properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I think vista is causing the problem on it, tricky to get around it. It tells you how somewhere on it's site.

Advertisement