Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Ahern on Guantanamo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Nodin wrote: »
    So you can't prove it. And, given that others can't find anything and seeing as I looked to see if it was true before and could find nothing, surely the decent thing to do is to admit theres not a grain of truth in it...?

I came across so many repeating it as true, I looked into it myself. So common it was, that I would probably have believed it, were it not for the fact that in every version, the ones getting the cars were described as 'black'. No chinese, Arabs, or other ethnicities.

Them 'blacks' eh? So your problem with ex-Guantanamo detainees isn't based on fear of them going Jihadi at the sight of a Guinness add, but them being "middle Easterners" or "blacks"....Tut, tut, tut.

Don't we have a Nigerian mayor here, and a few playing the GAA....Isn't there a 'Black' as President of some large Western power or other.....

To the last comment if you note i copied that from an American :DI didnt say that he did.

I never said it was only Black who were getting the cars from what i have been told it is infact many different nationalities but the African seem to have the bigger hand in it.
    Anyway i dont care anymore if its true or not.
    If i ever find proof of it in written form i will post it for you.

Cliste wrote: »
    Surely you should feel better:

"no one is talking about terrorists or anything like that coming to EU countries. We're talking about non-combatants — people who clearly have no history of any terrorist activity."

It even says they can't go home:

"The U.S. Defense Department says about 50 of the 245 prisoners awaiting freedom cannot go home again on security or political grounds"

I still think its wrong.They have families back there what happens to them do they bring them with them?And are they going to allow themto work.See my biggest issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

shqipshume wrote: »
    I still think its wrong.They have families back there what happens to them do they bring them with them?And are they going to allow them to work.See my biggest issues?

yes, you're worried about an immigration of about 12 people (if out of the 50 4 come here with their families). Shockin stuff, shockin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I never said it was only Black who were getting the cars from what i have been told it is infact many different nationalities but the African seem to have the bigger hand in it..

Told by who?

Yet you posted it as fact anyway?

Are the mods asleep here or what?

I still think its wrong.They have families back there what happens to them do they bring them with them?And are they going to allow themto work.See my biggest issues?

Are you deliberatly missing the point?

WE owe these people for our part in their illegal detention and in some cases torture. Letting 5 or so of them in and look for work while the US compensate them financially is the least we can do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

To the last comment if you note i copied that from an American :DI didnt say that he did..

If you didn't agree with it, then why did you post it?
    I never said it was only Black who were getting the cars from what i have been told it is infact many different nationalities but the African seem to have the bigger hand in it.

Wonderful. So you're happy to spread a lie.

Cliste wrote: »
    yes, you're worried about an immigration of about 12 people (if out of the 50 4 come here with their families). Shockin stuff, shockin.

Oh please thats just the start

Told by who?

Yet you posted it as fact anyway?

Are the mods asleep here or what?

The non national themselves!

Sorry shouldnt have posted it as Fact.Should have said as i think i did in most of my posts(apparently)

Why are they gonna ban me for saying stuff that you cant disprove nor can i prove right now.

Like how you cut out my last part

Are you deliberatly missing the point?

WE owe these people for our part in their illegal detention and in some cases torture. Letting 5 or so of them in and look for work while the US compensate them financially is the least we can do

No i think you are!

I dont owe them nothing!!!! and if you feel you owe them something then you feed them and give them a house :o
    The least you can do not me! oh my god to many do gooders.

If they are working then thats good.Doubt it

If you didn't agree with it, then why did you post it?

Wonderful. So you're happy to spread a lie.

Because i agree with him about what he says about Ireland

How do you know what is a lie and what is not.
    People are grown up enough not to take my word as gospel :o

• Advertisement

Why are they gonna ban me for saying stuff that you cant disprove nor can i prove right now.

It has been disproven, hundreds of times. The car story dates back from the 50's in Britain. Urban myth that you are propigating as fact.

No i think you are!

I dont owe them nothing!!!! and if you feel you owe them something then you feed them and give them a house :o
    The least you can do not me! oh my god to many do gooders.

If they are working then thats good.Doubt it

I am far from a do gooder. Would you prefer the detainess who were smuggled through Shannon sue instead?

It has been disproven, hundreds of times. The car story dates back from the 50's in Britain. Urban myth that you are propigating as fact.

Again i said from the non nationals who told me!
    I am not propagating anything if you can disprove it with written Fact from social services that has never happened and does not happen then you do so.
    I said apparently on numerous occasions.
    I was even told by an Irish person that due to medical conditions you may receive a a grant to receive a car!
    Link
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/transport-and-disability/motorised_transport_grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

[/URL]

How can someone be a "non-national"? They came from some nation?

I am far from a do gooder. Would you prefer the detainess who were smuggled through Shannon sue instead?

No i would prefer Ireland cleaned up their own mess before they promise anything to anyone else!

I am not propagating anything if you can disprove it with written Fact from social services that has never happened and does not happen then you do so.
    I was even told by an Irish person that due to medical conditions you may receive a a grant to receive a car!
    Link
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/transport-and-disability/motorised_transport_grant

so you have gone from "black people" getting free cars to people with disabilities getting up to €5k towords one if it enables them to work.

Either back up your allegation that "black people" get free cars from the state or retract it. You saying someone told you is not back up.

No i would prefer Ireland cleaned up their own mess before they promise anything to anyone else!

Jesus wept. THIS IS OUR MESS. WE HELPED THE AMERICANS GET PEOPLE TO GITMO.

Have you anything to contribute to this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

You mean like stop allowing the flights through Ireland that were used to transport people that were illegally detained in Guantanimo and elsewhere in the world?
    One could argue that members of the Irish government that were complicit could be prosecuted along with their American collegues.
    Allowing a few of them over here is getting off easy.

so you have gone from "black people" getting free cars to people with disabilities getting up to €5k towords one if it enables them to work.

Either back up your allegation that "black people" get free cars from the state or retract it. You saying someone told you is not back up.

No i did not stop twisting my words,
    ( grant may also be considered in exceptional circumstances for people with severe disabilities who are over 17 years and who live in very isolated locations, and who are impeded from using public transport.) That is the apparent scam they use to recieve money i think this is the right one!

No i did not stop twisting my words,
    ( grant may also be considered in exceptional circumstances for people with severe disabilities who are over 17 years and who live in very isolated locations, and who are impeded from using public transport.) That is the apparent scam they use to recieve money i think this is the right one!

So we have gone from "black people" getting free cars to people with severe disabilities 'scamming' by getting up to €5k for a very expensive modified car so they can work.

What a thoroughly odious person you are.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept. THIS IS OUR MESS. WE HELPED THE AMERICANS GET PEOPLE TO GITMO.

Have you anything to contribute to this thread?

I didnt help anyone do anything.You want to take responsibility for it go ahead :D

Yes i have and have done more than you,and i am allowed to voice my opinion and i don't have to change it just because you come here acting all big and don't agree with me lol

Then I suggest that they were taking the piss out of you.
    I am not propagating anything

You most certainly are.
    if you can disprove it with written Fact from social services that has never happened and does not happen then you do so.

You were the one who stated it, the burden is therefore upon you to prove your case. There are no forms to dowmnload, no e-mail, no phone nos, or no list of what qualifies for a "free car" or any reference to one. Not a one.
    Link

A grant towards a car if you are severly disabled. That would require you to have lost the use of both legs (at the least) to qualify, and probably reside in a rural area.

It would seem once more that your objection to receiving Guantanamo detainees is based on ignorace, hearsay and bigotry.

So we have gone from "black people" getting free cars to people with severe disabilities 'scamming' by getting up to €5k for a very expensive modified car so they can work.

What a thoroughly odious person you are.

Where did i say people with severe disabilities are scamming for cars :confused:
    Impeded from traveling on public buses does not imply anything to do with modified cars nor disabilities

Thank you coming from you that is definite compliment :o:D

Then I suggest that they were taking the piss out of you.

You most certainly are.

You were the one who stated it, the burden is therefore upon you to prove your case. There are no forms to dowmnload, no e-mail, no phone nos, or no list of what qualifies for a "free car" or any reference to one. Not a one.

A grant towards a car if you are severly disabled. That would require you to have lost the use of both legs (at the least) to qualify, and probably reside in a rural area.

It would seem once more that your objection to receiving Guantanamo detainees is based on ignorace, hearsay and bigotry.

Loop holes are right there in front of your eyes,
    What ever i am tired believe what you wish

I am not against Ireland taking in prisoners from guantanamo prison and you saw that after i read the other article and you are still spitting as much as you can.
    I was folding if you recall back there when i read the other article before it spiraled into a debate about whether Black people get free cash for cars lol

Where did i say people with severe disabilities are scamming for cars :confused:
    Impeded from traveling on public buses does not imply anything to do with modified cars nor disabilities

Thank you coming from you that is definite compliment :o:D

Jesus wept. You cut and paste from an info page for people who are too disabled to use public transport being entitled to a grant towords a modified car and said that was a scam.

They are impeded because of their disabilty ffs.

Are you even reading the rubbish you are posting?

I am against Ireland taking in prisoners from guantanamo prison

Why?

I am against Ireland taking in prisoners from guantanamo prison end of

Fine. So why dredge up disproved rumours usually propigated by racists and say disabled people are scamming?

You know what they say when you argued your case and won walk away smiling :):D

Thanks bored now see you later lol

You know what they say when you argued your case and won walk away smiling :):D

Thanks bored now see you later lol

the only thing that you won here was not getting an infraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Two things:

Number one: Alleged grants for refugees to buy cars is nothing whatever to do with Guantanamo Bay, Dermot Ahern's views on Guantanamo / Ireland taking released prisoners from Guantanamo or indeed the views of any of you of Guantanamo / Ireland taking released prisoners from Guantanamo

Number two: Saying "I heard" is hearsay, evidence that lies just below what you scrape off your boot in the evening. Providing a link to support your off-topic discussion where that link has nothing to do with what you're trying to prove just looks really really silly.

Future posts in this thread can be on-topic. Future posts that are not on-topic will get infractions or temp bannings at my random whim (the silliness has to stop).

Advertisement