Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curran Siptu Dispute and Another Question

Options
  • 22-01-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the dispute is about ? I pass by the lads standing outside it most days and my god they are there a long time , well before christmas . Must be serious to be standing out in this weather .

The other question is completely unrelated but saves me starting another thread :) . Anyone know what's going in to the new building at the B&Q roundabout , the building on the left hand side heading out of town .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone know what the dispute is about ? I pass by the lads standing outside it most days and my god they are there a long time , well before christmas . Must be serious to be standing out in this weather .

The other question is completely unrelated but saves me starting another thread :) . Anyone know what's going in to the new building at the B&Q roundabout , the building on the left hand side heading out of town .

Im curious about both but let me just say about the second question. Whatever it is, does it really need a car park that big? It doesnt look like all those car parks spaces would need a building that small.

I originally thought park n ride but there was no media coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Berty wrote: »
    Im curious about both but let me just say about the second question. Whatever it is, does it really need a car park that big? It doesnt look like all those car parks spaces would need a building that small.

I originally thought park n ride but there was no media coverage.

It was seeing the car park yesterday that brought me to ask the question , that and the fancy windows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Must be expecting a boom! I thought it could be offices? But there is a near empty office building in Raheen!

It was seeing the car park yesterday that brought me to ask the question , that and the fancy windows :)

WOW. Best of luck if they ever finish this.

http://www.parkesproperties.ie/pdf/parkes-limerick1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah I'd love to know what they are actually doing outside there as well. They've been at that spot since the start of December iirc. Its a bit ****in much to stomach now seeing them still there, while there are people who would happily have those jobs to work in instead of standing on the footpath all day. It must be serious enough if they are there this long, but if it turns out to be something petty, then I say fire the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

zuroph wrote: »

Thank you. I had no idea what it was about. However people feel about the Polish this is not an acceptable thing to do to employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the first post under the video is pretty sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

zuroph wrote: »
    google is your friend lads...

Zuroph is our friend lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

According to this Limerick Leader story Alice Curran [mod edit ... alledgedly] tried to sort it all out amicably with a gentle smack of 1.75 tonnes of Bavarian metal.

- Personally I am backing the Poles on this, I don't believe for a nanosecond that they wanted anything but basic respect, workers rights and a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Shame; I'd clingfilm my windows rather than to darken that door.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The poles are getting my backing on this one too! If only people knew what these guys were striking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

So when Dell closes there will be jobs going in Curran :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sean Seacht

Those lads must think every one is thick in Limerick. Around Roxboro the word is they were let go as the building trade is destroyed with the downturn but the lads just don't get it - or do they - perhaps if they got a big wedge of money to disappear off then that might fix things. That could be the real game. There's also been word of trouble at other works where their picketing Currans workers from trying to work. They ll end up ruining those few jobs that are left too and then they ll walk. And as for siptu who are backing the pickets, what a bunch theyare - sure once they run Currans into the ground they ll just move on to their next victims. Im sorry about those lads losing their jobs but so have hundreds of thousands of others in this country.

Advertisement