Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting Course

Options
  • 22-01-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I received a flyer last night from our local playschool which is running some courses, one of them listed is a parenting course. It runs for five nights two hours a night and covers a few different topics. I was just wondering has anyone ever attended one of these and did they find it useful?

I have 2 boys 3 years and 9 months and am thinking of attending.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes I have attended two of them and found them very helpful both in terms of talking with other parents and knowing my kids are not monsters just kids and in terms of how to head of trouble before it happens, conflict resolution and how to be fair and still discipline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Aw great, ye my little boy is very headstrong at time and throws the maddest tantrums, very frustrating at times and at times im great and calm and other times I just don't know what to be doing with him. Discipline, play, chatting are topics covered.

I've resorted to threatening to phone Nanny 911 a few times :-) :-)

Advertisement