Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the most you've ever won on a scratchcard?

• 22-01-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

I think I won a tenner before. Are much larger amounts quite rare or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

2 euro but then that was lucky since I play maybe once/year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

tenner me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I think I won a tenner before. Are much larger amounts quite rare or something?

i won five monies....and i thought i was deeeeaaaadly!!!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

€4, about a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Topmail

€1000 about 5 year ago down in west cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

10K :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

25euro in one of them bingo ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

KTRIC wrote: »
    10K :D

Really!? I wonder what the odds of that are. I get a scratchcard the odd time when I'm waiting at the counter because I start thinking "oh oh, better buy the next scratchcard in the roll before somebody else does, if they win I'll be sick" etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

~~!!ANOTHER SCRATCHCARD!!~~

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

Not a thing...:(

Mind you I dont buy them very often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I won a Sony Vaio laptop in Bray, unrelated I know but I just wanted to brag.

On Topic: €500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

3 liberty bells!

Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Earthhorse wrote: »
    3 liberty bells!

Woohoo!

:eek: A cherry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bender's Game

i won another sratchcard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Back when they started i won £100 on my first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

A fiver i think :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

3 stars

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

25 bones.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 tiger325

I won $20.00 once

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

500 punt, twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

my wife wins loads. not big money but plenty of it. if she wins say 4 euro, she exchanges them for more tickets till she wins decent money eg 20 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Mugs game, like most of gambling i suppose. But scratch cards are awful. Lotto rarely release any data on how many 'big' money winning cards are actually out there. The card usually says something like 1 in 6.1 wins but to them another free scratchcard is a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

my wifes mother won 4 thousand once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I got talking to a taxi driver in NY 2 years ago i was telling him about how i like to play poker.

He then went on to tell me how he spends $400-500 dollars of his wage on lotto tickets and scratch cards ! V sick as there isnt a more -ev type of gambling than this type.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

£100 once years back - a guy I used to work for was a manic depressive so he was either in the horrors or flying - when he was high he would hand me £200 and tell me to buy lottery tickets and share them amongst the staff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

25 quid.
    i havent given up the day job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

won 25, then exchanged for 25 euro worth of scratch cards, came out with nothing......

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

€6 - weird figure to win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

50 punt. *adds latest scratchcard to '3 star pile'*. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

€25 a few years ago, but I almost never buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Around 1994 one of my co-workers at the time was in a shop queue waiting for the delivery docket to be checked and signed. Ahead of him were two women, the first of whom when waiting for her change scratched the 2 or 3 scratchcards she had bought. She won £10. The woman after her also asked for a scratchcard but didn't want the next one in the roll. My mate said he'd take it (the shopgirl had already ripped it off or whatever), scratched it and won £1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Around 1994 one of my co-workers at the time was in a shop queue waiting for the delivery docket to be checked and signed. Ahead of him were two women, the first of whom when waiting for her change scratched the 2 or 3 scratchcards she had bought. She won £10. The woman after her also asked for a scratchcard but didn't want the next one in the roll. My mate said he'd take it (the shopgirl had already ripped it off or whatever), scratched it and won £1000.

The would have been pretty stomach turning, to miss out on such a handy £1000! Especially way back in 1994 FFS!! I'd say that would have got him/ her quite a few nights out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

2 punt back in the day, i didnt even buy it. My dad always told me to watch the ground for money dropped, saw the scratch card dunno why i checked it and it was a winner. Means someone threw a winnin ticket :confused:

I always thought he was a stingy ba*tard checkin the ground for money until i found €300 a few years ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

*Scratch* *Sniff* Cherry *Sniff* CHERRY!!! *Sniff* Mule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ive never bought a scratch card fro the national lottery. I feel if i buy one im clasping at straws and that ive failed at ways of making money other than spending my hard earned spondulis on these. I know its daft but heh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

25 quid old money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 .boards.ie

Buy the odd one every few months with change and the most won was a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

I saw a beggar buy some scratchers on Parliament St once from his earnings, he was begging outside the shop.
    He scratched, won nothing and then went back outside to beg for his next few euors.
    He was going to try and scratch his way out of poverty. It was the most depressing thing I have ever seen.
    Scratch tickets sell the best in poorer areas. At least with the lotto you have to wait for the result but scratching is instant gratification and I despise any type of scratch ticket for this. Equally I think its disgusting that Rehab is making money from other peoples misery.
    Avoid scratch tickets they are highly addictive and a mugs game.
    Try wean yourself off them with a prize bond every month @ 25 euro? You can cash them at a later day if need be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

I won €20,000 on a bingo scratchcard my mam bought me 4 years ago.
    Came in handy as i was able to get driving lessons and a car for myself and lotsa people benefited from it but you really dont see it go...
    I really should have been more selfish and kept it for a deposit on a house but have my house now anyway so least lotsa people got some enjoyment out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

I won a scratchcard which won me another scratchcard which won me another scratchcard which won me a tenner.

True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

4e.
    Shwing!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

The bosse's wife won 25000 around this time last year on a scratchcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

I am convinced there are no winners of over a grand, it's all a scam.
    €3 is the most I ever got :(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Think I remember my late grandmother won about 25 old Irish punts at one time. The most I've ever won however is a €5 I'd say. I'm waiting one day for the jackpot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I won a car off a scratch-card when I was 12 or 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I've won 1million 8 or 9 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Most money I ever got was €25.
    But I did win €200 worth of One4All vouchers on a Hampers & Roses scratchcard a couple of years ago. I used one of them and my Dad gave me 150 for the other three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

My friend is a 3rd year apprentice and still on minimum wage and on the verge of having no job. One day a few weeks ago we were in town and as I bought a bottle of water I asked for 2 scratch cards. I hold out my hand with the 2 to him and told him to pick, it could be his lucky day.

He scratched his, won nothing. I scratched mine, won a tenner. Pure bad luck for him. I went and got 2 more and realised then that they were €3 each. What a rip off. Should have just gave him the tenner as we won nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

strongr wrote: »
    won 25, then exchanged for 25 euro worth of scratch cards, came out with nothing......

you, sir, have a gambling problem :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement