Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting a car

• 22-01-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Is it true that you cannot rent a car without having a credit card? if so any way around this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,701 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Topmail wrote: »
    Is it true that you cannot rent a car without having a credit card? if so any way around this.

Some companies may, if it's within banking hours, allow you to leave a large cash deposit. As long as you have many forms of identification.

You are better off ringing the car rental branch you want to rent from and check with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Can use debit cards far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Topmail wrote: »

It's probably in case some toll bridge fees or speeding fines come in a month or two later. Or if you have an accident and they want to forcibly reclaim the insurance excess that you may be liable for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,701 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's probably in case some toll bridge fees or speeding fines come in a month or two later. Or if you have an accident and they want to forcibly reclaim the insurance excess that you may be liable for.

Or you decide not to return a €15,000 + asset that belongs to the Rental Company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

Soby wrote: »
    Can use debit cards far as i know

Ya debit cards are fine. I have used one many times to rent a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

kilasser wrote: »
    Ya debit cards are fine. I have used one many times to rent a car.

Who are you renting cars off? I've tried it with Avis in the Midlands and you have to have a credit card and there is no way around that!

Advertisement