Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 support are funny

• 22-01-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Rang 3 support today for my monthly rant.....

The last few days, the speed has dropped from a poor (but acceptable for me) speed of 350kb/s to 50-70kbs and then to no connection today....

Having gone through the usual sim cleaning and temp file deletion exercise, I was told that they (3 presumably) were upgrading their network and once finished and I quote "the network would be signing and dancing" :rolleyes:

I could only laugh....

anyone have a map of where their basestations are or know if there is a basestation in either longwood, ballivor or enfield ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kyote00 wrote: »
    Rang 3 support today for my monthly rant.....

The last few days, the speed has dropped from a poor (but acceptable for me) speed of 350kb/s to 50-70kbs and then to no connection today....

Having gone through the usual sim cleaning and temp file deletion exercise, I was told that they (3 presumably) were upgrading their network and once finished and I quote "the network would be signing and dancing" :rolleyes:

I could only laugh....

anyone have a map of where their basestations are or know if there is a basestation in either longwood, ballivor or enfield ?
    i have one very close to me and there has been people working at it in the last week. they were there with a cherry picker today so there must be upgrading going on? or maybe it is the bailiffs repossessing the equipment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i have one very close to me and there has been people working at it in the last week. they were there with a cherry picker today so there must be upgrading going on? or maybe it is the bailiffs repossessing the equipment?

Or maybe some locals want free internet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Offy wrote: »
    Or maybe some locals want free internet :D
    Would be like trying to get blood from a stone, more likely disgruntled 3 customers taking the law into their own hands :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Wantitnow

kyote00 wrote: »

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -mark-

Just bought a new P.C. and was persuaded by the shop assistant that "3 was the best broadband around". 3.6MB download speed my ass. At tops i've had 50kb/sec....Can some one help me!!! Their support staff are rude and obnoxious(which i can't even spell properly,i think)and to be fair,if I wanted to talk to someone from India i'd pop down to my local curry house.(NO OFFENCE TO INDIAN PEOPLE).
    They seem to be a faceless company to which I can get no satisfaction at all. They won't cancel my contract because it has exceeded the 14day return...........AAAAHHHH what can i do???? Carphone warehouse don't want to know. It's a hot potato,but i'm the one getting my fingers burnt. I know by reading through the net that quite alot of they're customers aren't happy,but if so what are they doing about it?? Are they still paying their bill??? Surely 3 are in breach of their 'contract' by not supplying a BROADBAND connection??? CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A DIRECTION TO TAKE AS THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING???
    THANX

• Advertisement

-mark- wrote: »
    Just bought a new P.C. and was persuaded by the shop assistant that "3 was the best broadband around". 3.6MB download speed my ass. At tops i've had 50kb/sec....Can some one help me!!! Their support staff are rude and obnoxious(which i can't even spell properly,i think)and to be fair,if I wanted to talk to someone from India i'd pop down to my local curry house.(NO OFFENCE TO INDIAN PEOPLE).
    They seem to be a faceless company to which I can get no satisfaction at all. They won't cancel my contract because it has exceeded the 14day return...........AAAAHHHH what can i do???? Carphone warehouse don't want to know. It's a hot potato,but i'm the one getting my fingers burnt. I know by reading through the net that quite alot of they're customers aren't happy,but if so what are they doing about it?? Are they still paying their bill??? Surely 3 are in breach of their 'contract' by not supplying a BROADBAND connection??? CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A DIRECTION TO TAKE AS THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING???
    THANX
    write to three giving your speeds and explaining that the service is not fit for its intended purpose and copy the letter to ComReg who should intervene on your behalf if three do not improve the situation or respond with an acceptable resolution within 10 working days.

write to three giving your speeds and explaining that the service is not fit for its intended purpose and copy the letter to ComReg who should intervene on your behalf if three do not improve the situation or respond with an acceptable resolution within 10 working days.

I WILL be taking your advice on this. Surely though it seem to me while browsing the net that there are hundreds of unsatisfied customers..yeah??? So what are people doing about it?? ARE they still paying the bill?? It just seems ludicrous that people are continuing to pay for ths crap service. I have never complained about ANY product as I have with this one,never even used a forum site before. I wish i'd have read some of the stuff written about 3 before I'd purchased it, but hindsight is a great thing. Anyway my next stop is Adrian Kennedy ...that's how desperate 've become...thanx for your help,MUCHO appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I WILL be taking your advice on this. Surely though it seem to me while browsing the net that there are hundreds of unsatisfied customers..yeah??? So what are people doing about it?? ARE they still paying the bill?? It just seems ludicrous that people are continuing to pay for ths crap service. I have never complained about ANY product as I have with this one,never even used a forum site before. I wish i'd have read some of the stuff written about 3 before I'd purchased it, but hindsight is a great thing. Anyway my next stop is Adrian Kennedy ...that's how desperate 've become...thanx for your help,MUCHO appreciated.

Yes people still pay 3. In reality, for most people, it is the only service they can get.

You may also be interested to know that our government have kindly awarded this joke company the National Broadband Scheme and given them 90 million euro of tax payers money.

Vote Fianna Fail for more quality projects like this and more financial disasters!! :pac:

brim4brim wrote: »
    Yes people still pay 3. In reality, for most people, it is the only service they can get.

You may also be interested to know that our government have kindly awarded this joke company the National Broadband Scheme and given them 90 million euro of tax payers money.

Vote Fianna Fail for more quality projects like this and more financial disasters!! :pac:
    Yes,i read about the broadband scheme and how these morons will be taking over.....mmmm????? Well i won't pay...no chance. And as for F.F. Don't start me.

I did it!!! I've never been so happy!! I'm freeee....free of their contract and their customer service....freeee of their Tech. support....freeee of their slow download speeds..... freeeeeeee from threeeeeee!!
    Persistance and plenty of valium!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

I did it!!! I've never been so happy!! I'm freeee....free of their contract and their customer service....freeee of their Tech. support....freeee of their slow download speeds..... freeeeeeee from threeeeeee!!
    Persistance and plenty of valium!!!
    have you recieved a "final" bill from three? as they may decide at some later date that you still owe them for the remainder of your contract regardless of what staff in india may have told you about cancelling your contract with no early termination fee!

Well that's just great news Foggy!!
    Don't piss on my bonfire now!Ha Ha.
    No!! You're right I haven't received a final bill...but they did cancel it under the 14 day money back guarantee,so I do'nt think they can charge me for the rest of the contract and even if they do they're still not getting a penny.
    Hopefully they'll ring me...and i can put them on hold for half an hour....or i'll tell them "Ive already paid them" or "it's on the way" or "sorry I'm busy,you'll have to ring back".Maybe i'll change my phone number or better still i'll move to Mumbai.........whatever happens,i'm not givng them a PENNY!!!!!!!
    At least let me have my moment of glory!!
    Thanks again

Advertisement