Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lost & The Damned: 1600 MS points!!

• 22-01-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

WTF....

....still going to buy it though.

Eurogamer Article

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

jcrowbar wrote: »
    WTF....

....still going to buy it though.

Eurogamer Article

And there lies the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

You expected cheaper??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Soby wrote: »
    You expected cheaper??

Would have like cheaper!

Still, guess Microsoft have to make back their $50million somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Depends on how much is in it, for me. If the new content is substantial, I will get it at that price. If it isn't I won't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Will UK points work over here? I'll be in London that weekend, might pick some up to ease the purchase on my wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Will UK points work over here? I'll be in London that weekend, might pick some up to ease the purchase on my wallet.

Yes 100 % sure they will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its €24 to buy 2000 MS points. You can get them cheaper on ebay etc. GTA IV was €60. You can get it cheaper on ebay etc. The DLC is an expansion pack basically with more missions adding 8 hours is it? Its the exact same for pc games, the full game is always more expensive than the expansion pack.

It works out at about €20 with points to spare. Honestly its a bargain. Then you see the likes of people on kotaku and other gaming news sites complain about the price... I think its all down to the fact 1600 is a big number.. If they said it was €20 I dont think as many people would complain.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agreed. While I've still to go back to GTA eventually for the side missions, I don't think this is a bad price. I've paid 60e for games that haven't lasted 8 hours. 20e for an extra 8 hours is a fair enough price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Rockstar are way to late with this

GTA IS SOOOO LAST YEAR i amoung tens of thousends have either traded it in or sold or simply just dont care anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Apparently this DLC for GTA:IV amounts to a third of the total length of the original story. Not too bad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

luckyfrank wrote: »

GTA IS SOOOO LAST YEAR i amoung tens of thousends have either traded it in or sold or simply just dont care anymore

Oh no, what will Rock* do... Because when you trade in a game it's not like someone else buys it....

Oh wait.

The market out there for this DLC is huge, don't be under any illusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Since when did gaming become a fashion???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's not like we didn't know the DLC was coming either, it's been known since before the game came out. People who traded it in are missing out, I bet loads of them buy the game back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From Eurogamers first impressions, it sounds like this could bring back some of the fun aspects that was sadly missing from IV... Will definitely be grabbing it for myself anyway:)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/grand-theft-auto-iv-the-lost-and-damned-hands-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

What will be the install size for this? Will have to squeeze it on to my 20gb :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i didnt know paris hilton was a GTA fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

grizzly wrote: »
    What will be the install size for this? Will have to squeeze it on to my 20gb :eek:

2gb apparently http://3mb.us/images/422_100_0307_1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I kinda agree with this poster. I remember when it came out, it was really great but after the novely wore off i found the game boring. I havent played it in months. Ive been keep meaning to pick it up again and try finish it but its never happened.

I could never understand why I felt like this until it dawned on me at the weekend. Its just that there are better games out there and at the end of the day, GTA on the 360 is no different in concept to its previous PS incarnations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It simple has no replay value. It's the same with every other GTA game. They tried to use multiplayer to keep it going but, GTA multiplayer isn't meant to be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found with the other GTA's it took a long time to beat them because I was doing an awful lot of arsing about causing trouble. It just wasn't fun in this game. After the story missions, which weren't a huge improvement, I had no inclination to go back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found with the other GTA's it took a long time to beat them because I was doing an awful lot of arsing about causing trouble. It just wasn't fun in this game. After the story missions, which weren't a huge improvement, I had no inclination to go back to it.

That's what bowling with Roman was there for....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

I didn't like GTA IV enough to be bothered with the DLC. I didn't even bother finishing the normal game.

Stupid Comp is for the US w***ers only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Don't even know if I will bother getting this after the immense fun that is saints row 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bubs101 wrote: »
    That's what bowling with Roman was there for....

A more boring minigame I cannot think of.

Played it for about half a hour there..Enjoyable enough some good new stuff..new weapons which i think you can all use while on the bike.Some new mini games such as arm wrestling and there a cool feature where when your on a mission and in your "group" of bikers if you drive behind the leader theres a little tag on the road that when you drive on it heals you and your bike..Tis good..Plus a nice cameo appearance from niko at the start...Say we'll see more of him soon:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 beefyjohn

Does anybody know where you can buy the speacial Ms points card for Downlaoding this. i dont want to buy a load of points that ill have no use for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

€18 ahhhhh here I paid €40 for the game (which was a waste and ****e) when it came out and some people paid €50 or over and now they want €18 more, for **** sake. RIDICULOUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

beefyjohn wrote: »
    Does anybody know where you can buy the speacial Ms points card for Downlaoding this. i dont want to buy a load of points that ill have no use for.

Gamestop have the 1600 point cards for €18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Swizz wrote: »
    €18 ahhhhh here I paid €40 for the game (which was a waste and ****e) when it came out and some people paid €50 or over and now they want €18 more, for **** sake. RIDICULOUS.

Well said; best not buy it then...

Advertisement