Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lost & The Damned: 1600 MS points!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There are willys in it. I'm not buying it. Willys are teh gay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Swizz wrote: »
    €18 ahhhhh here I paid €40 for the game (which was a waste and ****e) when it came out and some people paid €50 or over and now they want €18 more, for **** sake. RIDICULOUS.

The game was €75 in some shops! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

faceman wrote: »

Proof that there are idiots everywhere. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Tis 1.7 odd GB. Had to delete my Fallout install to get it. Totally worth the price, it seems already to be one of the best ever DLCs on LIVE despite the price. If you took some of the awful games on the marketplace some of which aren't worth 100 points, this is a bargain. Liked the little homage to Nico in the opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

faceman wrote: »

tesco.jpg
    €39.99 the day it came out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There are willys in it. I'm not buying it. Willys are teh gay.

if that what you call that thing...was wierd

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Considering some of the ****e thats passed off as DLC this stands out as a true DLC, its an exp pack for 360.

Doubt anyone will follow suit and we still be offered horse armour or a newer shinier better gun.

But **** me Rockstar have outdone themselves with this. Its about 10 hours of solid story driven gameplay, theres other stuff minigames internet tv shows to make it longer if you want. But 10 hours of game play as exp pack is pretty good.

Reminds me of LCS and VCS, if you liked the game its well worth a purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lads this is a full expansion, it's well worth the price, there's 23 story missions, 12 races, at least 20 "gang war" missions", not to mention the new weapons and vehicles, also I randomly noticed that Frankie Boyle was in the comedy club. There's probably other new stuff I'm missing.

Here's the new songs on the radio:

The Beat 102.7
    Busta Rhymes featuring: Young Jeezy & Jadakiss - "Conglomerate"
    DJ Khaled featuring: Kanye West & T-Pain - "Go Hard"
    Kanye West - "Love Lockdown"
    T.I. featuring: Swizz Beatz - "Swing Ya Rag"
    Busta Rhymes featuring: Ron Browz - "Arab Money"
    Ron Browz - "Jumping (Out the Window)"
    John Legend featuring: Andre 3000 - "Green Light"
    Kardinal Offishall featuring Akon - "Dangerous"
    Styles P featuring: Swizz Beatz - "Blow Your Mind"

LCHC - Liberty City Hardcore
    Bathory - "Call from the Grave"
    Cannibal Corpse - "I Cum Blood" <---Sounds Lovely :D
    Entombed - "Drowned"
    Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells"
    Terrorizer - "Fear of Napalm"
    At the Gates - "Slaughter of the Soul"
    Deicide - "Dead by Dawn"

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
    AC/DC - "Touch Too Much"
    Aerosmith - "Lord of the Thighs"
    Alice Cooper - "Go To Hell"
    Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
    Deep Purple - "Highway Star"
    Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"
    The Doors - "Five to One"
    Edgar Winter Group - "Free Ride"
    Foghat - "Drivin' Wheel"
    Iron Maiden - "Run to the Hills"
    James Gang - "Funk #49"
    Jefferson Starship - "Jane"
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Saturday Night Special"
    Mötley Crüe - "Wild Side"
    Nazareth - "Hair of the Dog"
    Rod Stewart - "Every Picture Tells A Story"
    Saxon - "Wheels of Steel"
    Styx - "Renegade"

Radio Broker
    Kreeps - "The Hunger (Blood in My Mouth)
    Blonde Acid Cult - "Shake It Loose"
    Kill Memory Crash - "Hell on Wheels"
    Brazilian Girls - "Nouveau Americain"
    The Yelling - "Blood on the Steps"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

i played it yesterday its pretty good but unless u hav a HD ready tv i wouldnt recommend bcoz the graphics wud be a lot grainy...
    other than that i only played the first mission but so far its CLASS.....
    didnt get a chance to try multi either....
    but definitely worth getting ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, its worth getting, 1600 aint that bad for a full expansion pack that lasts about 10 hours, thats longer than some retail games last.

Anyways, its great, the only things I dont like is the grainy look, but that can be turned off in options, and the fact that its kinda hard ride the bike in formation, but getting the hang of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

can ya buy points in xtra vision by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You should be able to get them anywhere that sells Xbox games.

Also, that grainy effect was the first thing I turned off too. I thought there was something wrong with my tv :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Stephen wrote: »

Also, that grainy effect was the first thing I turned off too. I thought there was something wrong with my tv :)

I also turned it off. Did the same in Mass Effect. Just a personal preference thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Stephen wrote: »

Didn't know you could turn that off. I'll definitely be doing that so, I don't really get how it's supposed to make it look better.

Really impressed with it so far. The new songs they added are brilliant, motorbikes handle way better now and the new weapons are cool. Fair play Rockstar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Does anyone know if You can download the add-on without having ther gta4 disc in the xbox. My mate has my copy, but I want to avail of the free multiplayer on xbox silver, so am downloading it this evening.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

travis1976 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if You can download the add-on without having ther gta4 disc in the xbox. My mate has my copy, but I want to avail of the free multiplayer on xbox silver, so am downloading it this evening.

Any ideas?

No man, you'll need the game disc.

You can download it fine but you can't play it without the disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

seanybiker wrote: »
    can ya buy points in xtra vision by any chance?

ye..not small amount i dont think though..If your lucking to buy points to buy this you can buy it in the shop btw

You can buy a code that unlocks it in a shop but you will still have to download it on xbox live.

Anyone happen to come across this 'Gang Burrito' van yet by any chance?

Or any of the other vehicles?

Also to anyone (who already owns it), is it true that hen you put in GTA IV to play it, you get a choice between playing GTA IV or Lost And Damned (ie; they are treated as different games)?

Would i be right in assuming the whole city is unlocked from the beginning?

• Advertisement

Yeah, before the cool concept art from GTA4 comes up it ask's you if you want to play the DLC. Then show's Lost and Damned concept art while it loads, instead.

Yeah the whole city is unlocked. I'm really liking it at the moment, love just driving on the bike listening to Liberty Rock.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Anyone happen to come across this 'Gang Burrito' van yet by any chance?

Or any of the other vehicles?
    Not sure

Also to anyone (who already owns it), is it true that hen you put in GTA IV to play it, you get a choice between playing GTA IV or Lost And Damned (ie; they are treated as different games)?
    It asked me to install a patch upon booting off GTA4, I was then prompted "Do you want to play The Lost & Damned", selected yes and now it seems to load directly into the expansion, not sure if you can switch between the two, but not noticed how yet.

Would i be right in assuming the whole city is unlocked from the beginning?
    Correct, whole city must be unlocked from beginning as you start on the second island iirc and all missions take place on different islands

Hope this clears it up

Nick

Just one final question to put my mind to rest:

If i buy this now, can i play it as though i had just completed it? Or will i be missing some of the new features that i would be supposed to unlock throughout the game?

I really just want to buy it and have a laugh with it. I don't want to do any of the missions at all. Online free roaming is what i tend to do a lot with IV.

Nah, I'd say you'll need to unlock some stuff. After the intro mission I wanted to try buy some weapons, some where blanked out.

Also, if you haven't finished GTA4, there's also some cross over missions and you won't get the most out of it.

Speaking of new cars, anyone see the Rhapsody? :)

Its essentially the Mirth Mobile from Wayne's World - an AMC Pacer. Now if only Bohemian Rhapsody was on the radio...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

cleared the single-player story today !!!
    i really felt it was short.....but hey u get wht u pay for!!!!
    considering the quality of the content it was well worth it...
    multiplayer is FUN ...

Finished the main story today too. Total game time was just under 7 hours. Still need to do the bike races and gang wars though. It was well worth the money.

Possible spoiler as it is specualtion on what the next DLC will be about...
    I think your gonna play the black dude who bust's in on the diamond hand over in the museum, the same guy who works for Gay Tony who you initially rob the diamonds off. He seemed like the only straight dude in that gang.

I hope not though, I'd like a completely different story, not tied into anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

i heard that rockstar put ratman into the lost and damned , well ive heard from a few people online anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump!

This drops to 1200 MSP from tomorrow (for a week). Might just pick it up!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35354/GTA-Lost-and-Damned-gets-digital-price-cut

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Bump!

This drops to 1200 MSP from tomorrow (for a week). Might just pick it up!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35354/GTA-Lost-and-Damned-gets-digital-price-cut

You'd be silly not too, Absolute bargain.

Advertisement