Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Music Pop

Options
  • 22-01-2009 6:15pm

Hey guys,

Im sorry if this is the wrong forum but I'm wondering can anyone help me.
    I'm looking for spanish/latin american music. The previous ones include artists like david Civera's que la detengan, Manu chao's me gusta tu or mi vida, and i came across a new one today juanes - a dios de pida. i like this type of catchy music, the likes i have heard on my holidays! could anyone recommend any further listening material?

cheers :cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

Fito and the Fitipaldis is probably along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

fito y los Fitipaldis are quite good, you could also try the following although not a big fan of all them:

El Canto del Loco

La Quinta Estación or La 5º Estación

oreja de van gogh

Nena Daconte

Julieta Venegas

beatriz luengo

again would only really like Fito out of these but maybe you can check them out and see what you think should be able to find them on itunes for samples or youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota
    Los Rodriguez
    Soda Stereo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

So many, where to being jeje. Well as you mentioned Juanes is great, he has a lot of good songs,Shakira obviously, La Oreja de Van Gogh as the above post mentions and now the lead singer Amaia Montero has gone solo and her first song quiero ser is great...RBD (Rebelde) are very popular with Mexican teenagers and I also like their catchy songs, Paulina Rubio has some good ones like 'Algo tienes'. Bellanova have an album called 'Dulce Beat' which is kinda electro-pop, some good stuff there too...Alejandro Sanz is very popluar in Spain, he has a great song with Shakira called 'te lo agredezco pero no'... so many I love all that stuff, hope you find something there you like :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

gzoladz wrote: »
    Patricio Rey y sus Redonditos de Ricota
    Los Rodriguez
    Soda Stereo

Wow! Soda Stereo and Los Redondos mentioned on an Irish forum? That's a first! lol

Those bands are absolutely brilliant. I'd also recommend the following:

El Otro Yo
    Las Pelotas
    Sumo (an oldie but I love them. They have not been around for ages but their story is very interesting).
    Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
    Babasonicos
    Los Piojos
    Divididos
    Catupecu Machu
    Massacre

Some of these bands differ in style but this list should give you a certain idea of what we listen on this side of the world. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

Ah, Matador.

"Te estan buscando matador..." That used to be constantly on in the bar I hung out in in Spain.

There's not much in the way of lyrics to their music (and what there is is delivered in an almost inpenetrable Andaluz accent), but Chambao are a fabulous band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Although they are no bands, the likes of Joaquin Sabina and Joan Manuel Serrat are very good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

gzoladz wrote: »
    Although they are no bands, the likes of Joaquin Sabina and Joan Manuel Serrat are very good too.

Serrat is one hell of writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

You could also try
    Estopa
    Huecco
    Melendi
    Karamelo Santo
    Sergent Garcia

Advertisement