Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless in ucd

Options
  • 22-01-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i tend to use my phone to connect to wireless in ucd, but since my phone do not hav IE or firefox, so i hav to need proxy and proxy number, i know it used to be 8484, but i tried, and it doesnt work anymore. so if anyone know how to set proxy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

proxy.ucd.ie/
    port number is 8484

its in another thread somewhere round here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pavise

there's a new wireless network called eduroam in the computer labs in daedalus and comp sci. there's a whole thing about it at http://eduroam.ucd.ie

U need a connect account to use it and a special client, but no proxy and it doesn't limit protocols like wavelan

hay! ipod touch support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

is this like "sleepless in seattle"????:confused::confused:

more like random connections of an ADHD head with his new toy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

pavise wrote: »
    there's a new wireless network called eduroam in the computer labs in daedalus and comp sci. there's a whole thing about it at http://eduroam.ucd.ie

U need a connect account to use it and a special client, but no proxy and it doesn't limit protocols like wavelan

hay! ipod touch support!

So something that would be blocked by the usual wireless network would work on this one...?

• Advertisement

yup. SSH & VPN to home work for me (spot the geek. see spot run). don't forget that "the man" knows your name. Haven't tried WoW or anything else yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I wouldn't be doing anything like illegal downloading or anything, was just wondering about running an online poker client, cheers for the help, this is excellent news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

pavise wrote: »
    more like random connections of an ADHD head with his new toy.

sleepless in seattle
    wireless in ucd
    useless in bed.

Advertisement