Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First salmon of 2009

Options
  • 22-01-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I see the first fish of the year was got in Kerry. A bit unsual from what I have read so far.

Has anyone been out for salmon yet?

I won't make a run to the river til the grilse are in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Whats unusual about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

spent a couple of hard, cold, wet days at the drowes in donegal, caught a couple of kelts. "sure it was a bit of crack"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Going to go for Salmon for the first time this year. Can anyone pm a good spot in the dublin area please. I know there's free frishing at Island bridge but Ive no probhlem getting a day ticket from one of the clubs. Is it too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭airy-fairy

It was a bit unusual as it was caught in Kerry. Normally the Donegal rivers take the honours.

There were a couple of fisheries in Mayo open too.

If nothing else the fish had farther to travel...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

cormdogg-it is hard to catch salmon.... but in dublin... i doubt it tbh. take a trip to the moy or the likes if u want salmon, and yes, if u are just starting out, wait for the main grilse runs in june or so...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 B.E.S.T.

Has anyone fished the Clare around Tuam in the last few years for salmon.
    There used to be a nice run in June years ago. Do they still run and if so is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

don't u know every thing loves coming to Kerry...lol
    and i think the second one was caught in Kerry too
    mossie

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭paddy2008

the best thing to come out of kerry ... was the road. lol.:D

Advertisement