Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashes in Galway

Options
  • 22-01-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Just heard on the radio of a serious 3 car crash on Tuam Rd outside Corinthians & a second crash in Terryland.
    The Tuam Rd is closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Ouch, hope everyone is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aoraki

:( Any more details on this?

hate hearin bout crashes in galway....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Moderator Caution: Please refrain from speculation or naming names.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Passed by the one in Terryland after it happened. A truck and a car were involved. Was during evening rush hour and traffic was very heavy. It didn't look like anyone was seriously hurt, thankfully.

It was pretty obvious which party was at fault but I won't say it on here or go into any more detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

KevR wrote: »

It was pretty obvious which party was at fault but I won't say it on here or go into any more detail.

Nah, it ain't obvious. Unless you saw the accident happen.
    We had someone here shoving it down our throats, how the fatal accident occurred on the Sean Mulvoy Road last month and it turned out they were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Nah, it ain't obvious. Unless you saw the accident happen.
    We had someone here shoving it down our throats, how the fatal accident occurred on the Sean Mulvoy Road last month and it turned out they were wrong.

Nah, it was pretty obvious. It was rush hour and traffic was very heavy/slow - a fairly low speed collision. It wasn't a high speed collision like on the Sean Mulvoy where the cars involved ended up very far away from each other (which made it impossible to say what happened by looking at the pictures). And I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throats.

I wonder how the Gardai ever determine who was at fault for accidents because most of the time they won't be there to see it happen. :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Nah, it was pretty obvious. It was rush hour and traffic was very heavy/slow - a fairly low speed collision. It wasn't a high speed collision like on the Sean Mulvoy where the cars involved ended up very far away from each other (which made it impossible to say what happened by looking at the pictures). And I'm not trying to shove anything down anyone's throats.

I wonder how the Gardai ever determine who was at fault for accidents because most of the time they won't be there to see it happen. :confused: :rolleyes:

Never said you were shoving anything down anyone's throats.

The Gardai do have investigators to examine the scene of accidents, from which they can conclude how accidents happen, ie. eyewitness accounts, skid marks, damage to surrounding area etc.......

Ah our good old friend rolly eyes, to hammer your point home. Nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I don't think that the Gardai determine guilt one way or the other, unless someone admits liability to them. They collect information and evidence, and the courts/insurance companies determine who's right/wrong.

I saw yet another crash on Shantalla Road yesterday, where someone was trying to get onto Shantalla Road from one of those blind junctions coming out of Shantalla. It's amazing how few people will let you out of those side roads when they know/can see that you have no visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

The one past corinthians looked nasty. First car, looked like it was cut open by Fire brigade. I thought i saw a van being taken. and then 2004 VW golf, side of it it smashed, and red tape around it. Possibility someone attemped to pass at the top of hill. quiet common. 2 headstones a couple of hundred feet from where it happened...hopefully no one hurt too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

[generalisation]
    People who overtake on bends and hills should be removed from the roads.
    They clearly lack any instinct for self-preservation.
    [/generalisation]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

po0k wrote: »
    [generalisation]
    People who overtake on bends and hills should be removed from the roads.
    They clearly lack any instinct for self-preservation.
    [/generalisation]

QFT

Advertisement