Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy in the UK

• 22-01-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

:confused:Hi,

I was wondering if anybody might be able to offer me some advice.

I want to do a Masters in Physiotherapy in the UK.

This is available in a number of universitys but they are looking for people coming from a science bacground.. My degree was a Batchelor of Science in Manufacturing which hasnt any relevance to physiotherapy.

I know of 2 people who had business degrees and were accepted. Has anybody applied and been accepted oming from a similar backgroung?

And if so what University were you accepted to?

Also i am interested in completing a course in ireland to prepare me for it, i cant seem to find anything that might be relvant..

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 nearly_there

Hi,
    Just wondering what schools your friends were accepted to? This is something im looking into as well but im not sure if my degree will be relevant enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChrisWM

Hey

Great course to do in Ireland in the Human Physiology and Health Science Diploma in Institute of Technology, its a 2 year course, i did it straight from the leavin cert and it was fantastic course.

i then went to University of Huddersfield in the UK to do my physio degree (3 years), but the uni also has a post graduate diploma (2 years) - they basically did the 2nd and 3rd year of the standard degree plus a few higher level modules.

dunno if that helps, www.hud.ac.uk for the uni's website address for more info if ya want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Andystoran

Hi,

Friends of friends have been accepted in Newcastle.

Iv applied to start in September through the UCAS system. Im late but i have applied to hudersfield aswell as 4 other universities.

Did you recieve the bursurary for huddersfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭miss.lost

Hi

Try Teeside university, a friend of mine is doing physio
    there, i had a perspectus but cant find it, should be easy to
    find on the internet anyway!

By the way i am also studying in the uk (pharmacy) and i would advise u to phone the universities as they really take pride in helping people out and providing you with the best possible advice for studying in the uk be it financial, academic or just plain old day to day stuff! University admission over here is much more personalised than in Ireland! I made a late decision to return to university so I missed the application deadline,:eek: couldnt get in contact with course leaders as it was the summer holidays,then when i eventually got in contact in august/september they were unbelieveably helpful and i started here at the end of september! Havnt looked back since and wouldnt change now for the world!! :)

Best of luck in ur studies

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EDINBRO

I just sent you a private message.

Heres a good link.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/careers/students/physiotherapy.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wittsend90

One of my family did the Health Science & Physiology course in Carlow IT too...Then they went onto do physiotherapy in Bradford University. It's a pretty rough city to be honest but the Uni itself is fab! and they got their fees paid for by the NHS regardless that they were an Irish student as oppsed to a UK student!

Advertisement