Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Pay-Per-View in the United Kingdom this year!

• 22-01-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

www.tnawrestling.com is reporting that a PPV is set to come to the UK this year! I was talking to JB on Sat and he mentioned they would be back in Sep so its most likely going to be 'No Surrender' .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

www.tnawrestling.com is reporting that a PPV is set to come to the UK this year! I was talking to JB on Sat and he mentioned they would be back in Sep so its most likely going to be 'No Surrender' .

I'd delete the second part of that if you want this thread to stay un-locked. ;)

It'd be probably going by whichever venue gave the best reception over the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

From reports that would be Ireland then!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha would love of it was Dublin but it will prob be the UK which understandable because by the looks of it the UK tour has/is going really well. If the price for the UK PPV wasnt decent wouldnt mind heading over if i got a cheap flight. I do hope they come back over the Ireland if they do the ppv and even try somewhere bigger like the RDS.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Ha would love of it was Dublin but it will prob be the UK which understandable because by the looks of it the UK tour has/is going really well. If the price for the UK PPV wasnt decent wouldnt mind heading over if i got a cheap flight. I do hope they come back over the Ireland if they do the ppv and even try somewhere bigger like the RDS.

A ppv in the o2 would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

The o2 capacity for wrestling/MMA shows is 9,500 so they could easily sell that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It'd be probably going by whichever venue gave the best reception over the tour.

They'd probably base it on their highest draw. They apparently drew 8000+ people in Manchester and I don't know about Birmingham.

I think all those who plan to post in this thread read this, just want to keep the thread open:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977434

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I think all those who plan to post in this thread read this, just want to keep the thread open:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054977434

Fair point. I reckon the PPV will be held in London/Manchester - it would be cool to have it in Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The o2 capacity for wrestling/MMA shows is 9,500 so they could easily sell that out.

Oh i actually thought it was more than that but i was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its set for birmingham by all accounts, they even teased it in front of the birmingham crowd from people who were there. i just hope its not a uk only ppv like those lame shows wwe had for a while

MEN in manchester is a 20,000 seater venue while NIA in birmingham is just 13,000 so tna would hope to fill that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

They could make a few million dollars profit all told at the end of their tour it would be a good idea from them to embrace the european/uk market as they are a bigger draw there than in the US its smart business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

The only way I see this happening is if its a UK only PPV a la One Night Only. The time difference would cripple the card's selling power in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Not a problem they hardly sell any pay per views anyway and the revenue drawn would far outweigh any drawn in the US especially ppvs still held in Orlando which only draw merchandise sales (minimal i'd imagine) as admission is free

Advertisement