Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 and a NAS

• 22-01-2009 7:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I posted about this over in Nets & Comms but wanted to post here too as it's mainly a 360-related question and I figured someone here might know the answer that wouldn't be browsing that forum much.

Basically I got a LaCie NAS the other day and now have all my media files transferred to it.

The main motivation for getting it (besides backing up) was to use it as a media hub that would allow me to stream content to my various network devices, the 360 included.

Ideally I'd like to be able to watch movies and listen to music through it without having to turn my PC on.

The files I have are on the 'myshare' section of the drive, which is password protected. There's also an 'openshare' folder but as there are people on my network that I'd like to block from accessing the files I'd rather not use it.

The 360 is finding the drive when I go into the various media sections but it's not finding any media from the 'myshare' folder; I tested it out and put an mp3 into the 'openshare' one and it found it no bother.

So the problem seems to be that the 360 can't see the password-protected folder - it's not even saying it's there or asking me to enter a password.

Is there a way to solve this without offering the files to everyone on the network? I'm happy to solve the problem by doing something with the 360 or with the NAS, as long as the two are talking to each other and I can control and limit file access!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

Advertisement