Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital camera for diving?

• 22-01-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a new compact digital camera. I'll want to get an underwater casing for it.

Can anyone recommend one?

I definitely want one with a video function, and maybe a camera with an optical zoom greater than the usual 3.

THanks for any help on this one. oh, I'm a pretty shallow diver and would rarely go below 40m.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

There are underwater housings for most of the common compacts and are not too expensive.
    Check out these guys, good value with the current exchange rates
    www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/
    I would call them directly to discuss your needs.
    Denis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

ive an olympus mju700 ,which is good ,but a thing to remember is try get one u can set the white balance on it manually,youll get better colour.

and fish dont pose for photos ,so remember patience!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

mint man wrote: »
    ive an olympus mju700 ,which is good ,but a thing to remember is try get one u can set the white balance on it manually,youll get better colour.

and fish dont pose for photos ,so remember patience!!

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about the white balance.

Advertisement