Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing "thanks" and "sorry" all in one thread

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Regarding the SSF and the bid i had to raise money, i would sincerely like to thank all members that donated to the fund.

I would also like to apologise to the staff of the Ladies Lounge for the misunderstanding surrounding the "Make snyper a mod of TLL" as i have previously stated my reasons were genuine with of course the goal of raising the money for the kids the sole objective, i was naive in making the proposition without first consulting them.

Alas, the target was not reached, however there was a significant sum raised and for that im rather happy to have being able to be involved in giving back to the kids.

Next year i will organise a campaign to raise money for the SSF and it will be planned better.. so ive a few months to devise a scheme.. Im pondering a crack at being an administrator of boards,ie, i expect the target set by big dev to have quite a few zeros in it :D

Again, sincere thanks to all that donated

Hugs, kisses and buttsekz to all

Brian
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Synper is being coy, the drive raised over 400 Euros worth of donations which makes it a very tidy sum. Congrats and many thanks from the people who will benefit from that money. I hope to have a big report on all of that just as soon as I manage to actually spend all the money and deliver all the goods! (yes, its still on going!).

This thread has a short timespan to live as I dont want it being derailed or hijacked.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm afraid I didn't get to follow this all the way through, did you actually get your one week modship of TLL?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

FWIW I was really impressed by how much effort was put in by so many. The fact it's not "resting" in snypers account was even more impressive..;):P

Seriously kudos to all on this one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DeVore wrote: »
    Synper is being coy, the drive raised over 400 Euros worth of donations which makes it a very tidy sum.

That's pretty impressive, snyper. Fair play to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fair play to ya snyper, pity it never came to fruition.:)

Cash was raised for the kids, that's the main thing, and in that regard it was a success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Well done Snyper. Well done to all those who contributed in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

400 Euros is a lot of money, Snyper.
    Well done to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Well done snyper, i know your intentions where good. If there is anything i can do to help with your sche.. planning next year let me know!

Advertisement