Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to send email

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,
    Recently got UPC broadband installed (previously BT) and noticed i'm unable to send emails although i can still receive mail. I assume this is some kind of server issue, just not sure how to resolve this. The Email server i used was mail.iol.ie when with BT.
    Are the settings different with UPC? Any help or a piont in the right direction would be appreciated. As a last resort i'll contact UPC :D
    Cheers
    Hopr:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mail.iol.ie probably only lets you send outgoing mail from their IPs.

Not sure of the UPC server details .. but you can signup for a free gmail account and use that for your outgoing mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You have to use the outgoing mail server of your ISP.

MC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You have to use the outgoing mail server of your ISP.

MC

this is correct IOL's mail server will not work on non-BT/IOL ISP connections, use your ISP's or if that doesn't wortk gmails outgoing mail server can be very easily set so mail sent from it appears as you@youre-mailaddy.com.

works on any connection and is extremely handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That link is just boucing back to me Cabaal!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopr

Thanks for the information guys. Just for further reference the outgoing mail server for UPC is smtp.upcmail.ie.
    Cheers
    Hopr:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement