Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gem Gourmet Golden Raisins

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,073 ✭✭✭✭

I particularly like these golden raisins for snacks and in cookery. Up until about 12 months ago they used to be €2 something for the 375g pack and then they suddenly shot up to €3.85 very expensive. About 6 or 7 weeks ago up until around Xmas they came down to half price €1.92 in all the stores Tesco Dunnes and Superquinn but then went back to full price.

Is this a rip off as I dont imagine they were selling at a loss at €1.92 and what is going on with all the shops changing the price at the same time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,073 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Well another year has gone round near enough and the same thing has happened again. €3.85 during the year, down to €1.92 for the last few weeks, now back to full price. This is in both Tesco and Dunnes (Superquinn is gone from Dundalk) and for the same period in both shops. As I said before if they can make a profit at €1.92 then €3.85 is a major rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They could be selling at a low price, making little to no profit, to increase brand awareness and custom.

There's lots of items that regularly go 50% off or 2 for 1 in supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

special offers, especially half price and buy one get one free offers are funded primarily by the supplier as part of the overall marketing strategy of a product.

on average profit on general food before costs of operation would be 25% - 35%

Advertisement