Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa application "Job"

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question, i'm filling out a WHV application at the minute.
    In the section under occupation. You start typing your job and when it appears you select it from the list. The problem i'm having it, my job title doesn't appear in the list. Reason being its not a profession outside of europe. There is a rather obvious option to pick as the closest ( which exists here) is this likely to cause a problem? How accurate does it need be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mellor wrote: »
    Quick question, i'm filling out a WHV application at the minute.
    In the section under occupation. You start typing your job and when it appears you select it from the list. The problem i'm having it, my job title doesn't appear in the list. Reason being its not a profession outside of europe. There is a rather obvious option to pick as the closest ( which exists here) is this likely to cause a problem? How accurate does it need be?

I know with the NZ WHV it is just to help you find a job when you get here. It had ridiculous things like squid jibber and stuff on it. I just picked something kind of close to what I did and it was fine (I worked in recruitment and the closest thing they had was clerk or something like that).

Btw, how does one jib a squid? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Doesn't really matter what you pick tbh.

Where are you heading out of interest? Just to let you know things have slowed down a lot over here. Not many jobs around tbh. A few of my mates have headed over (fellow architects) and they're finding it tough to get jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Flying to sydney first, then probably move about.
    Just wanted to check that it was ok to check the closest box

Advertisement