Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus visa (permanent)??

Options
  • 22-01-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering what visas everyone here is on?
    Basically im a final year student and i want to get out of Ireland as soon as i finish and im not sure how to go about it.
    I have been looking into applying for one of the permanent resident visas but I dont have any experience in any of the occupations on the SOL list.
    Do you get points for a university degree or do you need work experience to go along with it?
    Is it easy to get sponsorship by employers when you are on a WHV and obtain residency that way?
    Cheers folks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

The majority of people here are on the 417 working holiday visa, as am I, and this allows you to work for one year from the date you enter the country. You can only stay in one job for six months. If you want to extend the visa for a following year you must complete three month of seasonal work (such as fruit picking etc).

Not sure what the story is with looking for permanent visa but I would imagine it is quite difficult. I am sure someone will drop around here and give some more advice soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

mac123 wrote: »
    I have been looking into applying for one of the permanent resident visas but I dont have any experience in any of the occupations on the SOL list.
    Do you get points for a university degree or do you need work experience to go along with it?
    Is it easy to get sponsorship by employers when you are on a WHV and obtain residency that way?
    Cheers folks..

1 what is your degree in ?

2 Yes you get pionts for the degree but you do need experience.

3 Some people have but you do need to be on a certain list of skills , an employer cannot sponsor you to be a barman for him etc.

4 Its hard enough to get a Job at present never mind one where the employer is going to stump up to keep you in Oz.

That said some of the posters here get lucky.

Advertisement