Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

Options
  • 22-01-2009 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I recently discovered this collection http://www.marvel-figurines.co.uk/figurines.html

I was interested in collecting them but I have an issue with buying from the official site
    Basically its their price in euros that bugs me
    In the uk its 5.99GBP an issue with free shipping but to Ireland its 8.99EUR with 2.25Eur an issue
    I have np with the delivery charge but the fact that they dont use actual conversion rates 1GBP = 1.05EUR at time of writing really p's me off

I can order them off fleabay but the delivery costs are frankly ridiculous

I was wondering if any1 on here bought these and if they could rec a good site with reasonable del charges to buy em off

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Riddler83

It is a great collection, and the mags are actually informative which is unusual for a partwork. On the cost issue, youre best bet online is to try forbiddenplanet.co.uk, they seem to be the best value shipping wise, but considering the figs are over a tenner in shops here then the 8.99 + 2.25 shipping from the official site works out the same as picking them up in the shops.

Your absolute best bet though is if you can get to forbidden planet in Dublin, I believe they have most if not all of the back issues available and you can at least inspect the figs before you buy, which is handy as there are certain issues, Dr Strange, Mephisto & Thanos in particular which had a lot of breakage issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Bullee wrote: »
    I have np with the delivery charge but the fact that they dont use actual conversion rates 1GBP = 1.05EUR at time of writing really p's me off

Ireland has a different VAT rate for magazines [12.5% to 21% for some titles] to the UK which means its not a direct pound to euro conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I remember being tempted by this when it first started. The figures look cool and there have been some awesome special versions, such as Archangel and Dark Phoenix. It seems an expensive collection, but would look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ztoical wrote: »
    Ireland has a different VAT rate for magazines [12.5% to 21% for some titles] to the UK which means its not a direct pound to euro conversion.

Also the collection may have started when the sterling/euro exchange rate was a lot different than it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭JesterWX

As a previous poster said your best bet for back issues is Forbidden Planet on the quays.

I did subscibe to this at the launch, becuase it gave a free extra model. Of course later they released that to the general public. So far they have been fairly ok in delivering them, I've only had to chase them over a few hiccups. I find that subscribing to these partworks collections eventually falls down with missing issues, wrong parts, etc. I have a few gaps in my Lord of the Rings collection because of this.

When the DC Figurines started I decided not to subscribe and instead collect them from my FLCS Sub City. Last week they even had the 'free gift' Batman figurine for sale. Result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement