Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility of a General Election in 2009?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I reckon we are going to see some serious sh*t hit the fan this coming week in Ireland. The unions and the government are set for a showdown on public sector pay that I can see ending with placards being nailed to planks of wood by the middle of next week...

while they are busy nailing placards to planks of wood , il be busy buying at least 12 dozen of eggs and rancid tomatoes which i will then use to hurl at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

irish_bob wrote: »
    while they are busy nailing placards to planks of wood , il be busy buying at least 12 dozen of eggs and rancid tomatoes which i will then use to hurl at them

I dunno, I wouldn't be expecting anyone on less than 40K to be taking a hit here. I'm a private sector self employed person, I don't pay myself that much, everything my businesses earn goes straight back into the business.

As for overpaid semi state workers like ESB, Irish Rail employees, etc, that's another matter entirely...

Advertisement