Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agricultural work

Options
  • 22-01-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Has any body here ever spent any time working in newzealand or australia in agriculture, im thinking about heading out there about july. Id be looking for agricultural work if possible. The tractor work ive been used to is mainly stock farm work/silage contracting work, experienced at working with sheep/fenceing on our home farm. I dont mind long hours. Also v.experienced excavator/telehandler operator and a qualified electrician if there was nothing else all though id prefer farming work. Would there be much trouble finding work? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

If you go to perth, well western australia in general you should have no trouble finding farming work, the hard part is trying to get onto a nice farm with good people. The job shop in perth is how I got my job.

Im currently in asia but I work on a farm driving tractors etc in the kimberely region of WA. Going back at the end of feburary for harvest. Not the biggest fan of city life so this suits me fine. Just save money for a few months then travel.

Also queensland is meant to be handy enough to get a farming job, just look in the rural farming papers e.g queensland country life and you should be fine.

Excavator drivers with tickets earn pretty poor money maybe 22$ an hour and thats with a ticket.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

What sort of money do you earn driveing tractors out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

im in perth. no farming work until february. theres absolutely tonnes of people here looking for that sort of work. im not gonna even bother going back to the agency until mid feb. every day the place is full and every day ur man jsut stands up and says "we have no jobs, except 1 for a bar girl in <small town> and 1 for a tractor driver. Everyone else go home!".

so hopin to get a regular job for the next monthand then re-apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Any body ever worked at this type of work in new zealand

Advertisement