Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Portlaois server problems tonight anyone?

Options
  • 22-01-2009 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Has somebody switched the internet of tonight or what, this has got to be one of the worst nights of using the net in my life.
    Whilst latency is in the mid 20s :confused: to boards using the web is un****ing real.
    God dam eircom, i really need to take a few steps back and just walk away right now....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Funny - boards is the only site I can get through to, everything else is unreachable. I'm with eircom also, but in Bray. I doubt they are doing it on purpose though, so name calling is probably unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

yeah, not getting through to many sites here in dublin 14

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

eoin wrote: »
    Funny - boards is the only site I can get through to, everything else is unreachable. I'm with eircom also, but in Bray. I doubt they are doing it on purpose though, so name calling is probably unnecessary.

Tnks for the advice guy, ill bare that in mind and you are of course right :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

count me in, down in wexford,

Tnks for the advice guy, ill bare that in mind and you are of course right :rolleyes:

Good man yourself.

Anyway, to get back on topic. This site is pretty quick for me, gmail is alright - and I can't access any others I've tried. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I am getting loads of looking up with firefox and can't find the server errors

I like the way they did this when there support staff have left the bldg.
    Pings as you can see from my sig are normally mental but as i said there in the mid 20s tonight but no internet access to 99% of web sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Loads of problems here in Limerick tonight too, with the router status reporting "Primary DNS Server : Unavailable" on a couple of occasions... :P

Getting loads of "cannot display the web page" messages on numerous sites.....almost expecting a error here in a moment when I hit the submit for this message....

Looking healthier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Damien360

Down in Newbridge (portlaoise exchange) at about 9pm and back now. I rang eircom at 9.15 and tech told me there are no reports of any problems tonight, try again in the morning. Laughable when you look across boards and see how many reported problems across the country.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    Down in Newbridge (portlaoise exchange) at about 9pm and back now. I rang eircom at 9.15 and tech told me there are no reports of any problems tonight, try again in the morning. Laughable when you look across boards and see how many reported problems across the country.

"no reports of any problems tonight"

Unreal....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 famwhite

Have just registered with "Boards" - not an easy process with Eircom's current problems. I'd rung Eircom at about 18:30 and got an automated message saying they were experiencing email problems in "my" (01?) area! It seems to have been an on & off evening but hopefully all will be sorted by the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Andeh

Same here, net went weird earlier. Some pages would not open, others were slow to open (And I mean paint-dry slow). It cut out for a few minutes to.

Now, in strange turn of events,

395802221.png

Jaysus, its somewhat ok now.

EDIT: I live in Portlaoise.

Advertisement